Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mesa Update

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Apr 25, 2006.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

There is a freeway coming in just next to my neighborhood . And I knew someday an annexation issue would arise . Well we get a ltter today informing us of the first meeting on 5-1-2006 . This meeting is " to decide to release the annexation petitions for circulation by property owners " .

Heres the kicker , they are not wanting the whole neighborhood , just the four acres from Glenmar to the old folks home , and from Broadway to the alley behind my house .

**** Went to the meeting at the city council , and spoke up so the city recorded my question ****

Met my neighbors there who started this . Is just for city services , or so its said right now . I actually met most of the neighbors I haven't yet . Seem like nice people .

I am on the fence , as there were several neighborhood sections from all over my region being considered .

Time will tell . I am willing to listen to everything first .

It IS GOOD to be INVOLVED . I feel so much better taking the time to get my voice heard :deal:

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  2. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

Dude that really freakin sucks ass..

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That sucks Paul. So are we assuming that this is probably a forgone deal or what?

4. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You know Paul when I was a young pup the "american dream" was to own a home in a quiet neighborhood. Where oh where has the dream gone? Well it has had to step aside for URBAN SPRAWL" the new " american dream".
    When I go down to mrK5's home it never ceases to amaze. Thirty years ago the so called experts said that in the next century the front range of Colorado would be one continuous city from Cheyenne, Wyo to Trinidad, Co. Here it is 2006 and such urban growth is well on its way to make this prediction very true. Oh so sad but true.

fred2mihi

5. pauly383

If this does happen to be unstoppable , I am going to have to move farther south or farther east .

I just don't want to be around major traffic at night , noise , and people who don't want me working on my rigs .

6. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Well that sucks Paul, I know how much your home means to you. Try to think positive. If you play it right you may even come out ahead and be able to upgrade, maybe thats wishfull thinking, I've never had it happen to me.
    Go to every meeting you can and research how other home owners have delt with this in other places. Stay informed and don't roll over and take the first offer. From my view, they want the land, they need to make it worth your while. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Cary

7. pauly383

Exactly . I am hoping we make a big enough stink to make this another Country Club and Main st snafu , where they tried to take one owners land to give it to another business . I am all for cleaning areas up , but you don't take a successful business , or interrupt families to put stores 1/4 mile away from others .

I think I would be fine if I got market value , that would pay the loan , put a down on another , and give me enough to pay my cards off AGAIN . And maybe finish the truck .

But I don't want that . I want my old unmaintained quiet street , even with the freeway .

8. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Has the market calmed down up there from the way it was last year? I think it has slowed down down here. Where a year ago a house could go on the market and be sold with a huge profit in less than a week, now it's the complete opposite. I have neighbors just 3 doors down from me that have had their house on the market since October. IMO they are asking too much, but a year ago it probably would have been gone a long time ago.

I'm with you though, we just bought our house last year and I am very comfortable. Sorry to hear about the b.s. they are trying to do.

9. pauly383

Prices are still higher than I paid , thankfully . But I am hoping it doesn't come to it .

My neighbor called the city planner who sent the letter yesterday and pressed the city for some answers . All they would say is someone in the area they want to annex asked for the petitions so they could have services , and to clean up the house on the corner where the tweakers ( for some reason quiet tweakers :dunno: ) live .

I don't know if they would take a little chunk at a time . I would think they would take the whole subdivision .

So I still feel we are lied to , and our houses are wanted for a gas station , a supermarket , or something else right off the free way .

10. pauly383

Read above TTT