Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

met a cool guy today at work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Jun 30, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

not sure if this is meant for the garage or not

today at work i was just standing there at the customer service desk, and there was a guy that had a tattoo of a tire thread, so i said to my coworker look at that, and he said i should get it, and the guy said it was a superswamper, and then we started talkn, i guess he`s a member of MASS MUDDERS, and they going to PA next week??...and we started talkin about our trucks, and he told me where i could find a cap for my truck that was in the back yard of where he used to live, he shortened it and stuff to make it a little bed in the back, took like 3 feet out of it then re fiberglassed it, told me i could take it if it was there, and i told him about my little adventure and what i did to my truck,then he told me not to go 3/4 if i were gonna upgrade, he said he broke 15 axle shafts on his 3/4 ton, and he said if i did that the axle shafts in the 1/2 ton fit? and that the 14sf had bigger axle shafts than the 14ff, but it had a c clip?

i told him i would post up here for him, he`s looking for a frame for a scout 72-80, anyone have a lead on one let me know and i`ll give him a call

2. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

its the same axle between 1/2 and 3/4 ton up front, just different outers. Not sure on the 14sf, but i don't think the shafts are bigger than 14ff shafts...

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

14 SF shafts are considerably smaller the FF shafts (1.31" vs. 1.5") but have 33 spline instead of the 30 splines found on the FF. no comparison strength wise, and a FF is so much tougher than a SF too.

3/4 ton fronts do use the same shafts and stubs that you currently have...

Rene

4. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Just different hubs and brakes on the 3/4 front