Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Met with Blzr4x4ngkid today....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Jun 4, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

and he bought a 10B and 14FF off of me. We met up in Hutchinson and chatted again for a bit. Sure is a funny guy! Now I cant wait for him to hurry up and get the axles in place of his old wimpy 10 bolts!!!

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

wow, hey another one huh??? did you paint those ones up and fix them all nice like you did blazzinor's???

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

No, Alex bought these axles 'as-is'. I took them off an '80 GMC farm truck that had a 454, 465, 205 set up in it. So, more parts still laying around again!!! [​IMG]
    BTW, these axles have 4.10's in them and are both open difs. My guess, he is going to put in a Detroit Locker some day. Lord knows I would for the tires he has planned!!! [​IMG] Hint: 39.5" Boggers!!! [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

WOW big tires!!! [​IMG], but let me guess not nearly big enough for your tastes right??? LOL

anyway that sounds about like the setup I got except I got the D44's up front. gear ratio is also the same.

The earliest I'll get that thing is on thursday. I'm pretty excited to get that thing back! I wanna DRIVE IT! [​IMG]

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Well, you're a funny guy too Wes! It was good to see you again. Hopefully I'll get a chance to come up and visit the chop shop! hahaha Ahhh, 39" Boggers. Geez, that sounds good! lol I plan on sand blasting the axles and have my brother paint them for me. That G-D 14FF is F-N heavy! But, it'll look good stuffed though! The 4.10's won't last and neither will the open diff. I'll drop 4.56 front and rear and a Detroit in the rear. Maybe one of these days a 454 too!

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Glad to hear it. At the rate everyone is getting this combo, their should be a whole lot of tough Blazers out there.
    Still haven't picked mine up but soon. So Wes, how much would you charge to set up a set with 4:56 and a locker? I take it you do that too. Just labor (send a PM if you want).
    Congrads! Blzr4x4ngkid.

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

What no picks of the 14B on the front steps [​IMG] Aww Mannn... Sounds like a sweet setup! You gonna stay w/ the 8" springs and just do some fender hacking?

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

8. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Dude, I think you're smoking crack again. You are talking 40 or 44 inch tires in the future and you are still saying 4.56 gears??? Get 5.13's and be done with it...your motor will thank you.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

9. BLzr4x4ngkid

You must have me confused with someone else. I didn't buy a refinery this weekend, although that might be a good idea with that gear ratio! LOL Dude, 5.13's? Yeah, my motor won't be the only thing thank'n me! The damn gas stations will probably just put me on an account! You guys better start buying stock on Phillips 66 and other companies. Later!

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

10. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Man, you are smoking crack! [​IMG] I think you've got the wrong idea about how gear ratios affect the truck. With tires that big, 5.13 gears are going to do a better job than 4.56 gears of keeping your engine in its "proper powerband." That in turn will let your engine run cooler, you'll get BETTER gas mileage, and you'll have better acceleration and be able to crawl around easier offroad. 5.13 is the only way to go man.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

11. BLzr4x4ngkid

Klunky, I'll beat dat ass! haha I thought about 5.13's too. Help me choose man!

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

On the freeway you would be spinning your engine about the same RPM as mine with 33's and 3.73's if you ran 4.56's and 40's (2350 RPM right in the right range 1800-2800 RPM acording to Randy's Ring & Pinion). Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ring-pinion.com/RPMCalculator.html>http://www.ring-pinion.com/RPMCalculator.html</A>

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust