Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Metal Bracket for Sliding Window Caps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AntAZBlaz, Mar 16, 2000.

1. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I've already posted this on the parts section but nothing has come up yet so i wanted to know if any one out there can find the metal bracket that goes on the cap, pasenger side window for the locking unit on sliding rear windows. i've already been to the dealership and they do not offer the part and i have had no luck as of yet locating one. can any one help?
    Anthony

2. AIRBORNE

AIRBORNE Registered Member

Tried ay junk yards yet? Have seen some advertisements here about caps for sale or free.

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Go to<font color=blue> http://www.southco.com <font color=black>you want to look at draw then plastic, then the live hinge type.
    Nice thing is that if you email them they will send you a free sample. Kinda feel guilty in a way, I only needed one and they sent it to me free. But they got the ones for Blazers alright.

4. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Hey thanks for the info did they send you that never can find metal bracket? or just the plastic locking part? i'll contact them tomarrow to find out whats happening over there, do you have the specific part type so i can tell them that i want the same thing?

anthony

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

here ya go.

.Riz.

It's always fun till someone losses an eye....then it's just blind fun.

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Hey Eagle,

Did you just flat out ask for the ones used on Blazers and did you guys have to figure it out which one is used ?

.Riz.

It's always fun till someone losses an eye....then it's just blind fun.

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Anthony..did i mention i think there is one still attached to my spare set?

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

8. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Yeah i never heard back from you on that one so i thought it was a no go, if they are still avaliable i'd like to get them let me know.
    anthony

9. Hey guys, I can vouch for Southco too. My two free latches are in the mail. There is a simple draw latch part no. 07-10-201-12 that should work and I believe the safety latch part no 07-10-501-72 should work too from looking at the drawings and sizes.

It is the whole latch assembly, all you need are the holes you already have!

10. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Sorry Man...got to sleep some time...I just measured the old ones and asked for the closest thing. Surprise was a few minutes ago when u.p.s showed up and the sample turned out to be 10 in a package!!!!!

07-10-201-12 is the part number.