Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

metal in motor?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerboy72, Jul 21, 2002.

1. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

what do ya'll think is wrong it is 7.whatever a 454 in a 2000 dually 3500 THANX

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

what exactly do u mean?? explain urself.

NITRO

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

uuhhhhhh what?more info and clear wording of what is wrong please?

4. blazerboy72

i guess that was a little hard to understand let me try it again. my dad bought 2000 3500 truck. it has a 7.4(or whatever a 454 is) the other day he checked the oil and it had pieces of metal in it. he says it is either a main bearing or the cam i just seems a little early for that to happen since it is only a 2000 /forums/images/icons/confused.gif maybe that is a little better thanx

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

metal in the motor is a bad thing. the metal itself can be very damaging, but whatever is causing the metal is probably a much bigger issue. Regardless of age, motors should never have metal in them, so yes it is too early for that to occur! you need to find out what is causing the metal. you could start by dropping the oil pan and seeing if there are any larger pieces in it. many things that break end up in the pan.

6. chulisohombre

it is derinitely in your best interest to check the oilpan for any more debeis.does your dad have a warrantee seeing as this is almost a brand new truck.id have him call up the delership he bought it at and tell them what happened.he might even get a new engine out of it if they cant fix or find the problem /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

if the truck is still under warranty, do not drop the pan.......it will most likely void the warranty. Bring it in and they should fnd out what's wrong and fix it free of charge.

8. chulisohombre

thats a better idea if there is a warrantee.jackedjimmy is right on with that one.i wouldnt touch a thing.i wouldnt even start the engine anymore either.who knows what else will blow if it runs long enuf.blow a hole out the side of the block and take something else out.maybe you if it has enuf momentum.somebody once told me they saw a rod shoot out the hood of a car when he went to a drag racing event.not what i would want to happen if i was in the drivers seat.

9. blazerboy72

the truck is just out of warranty /forums/images/icons/frown.gif has has asked several people and they all told him to keep driving it until someting changed they say it is either a cam or a rod bearing. the metal is the only sign of a promblem so nobody knows what it is. the oil pressure is still good and it runs great. we had it up to 95 yesterday and it is running great. he said he would take the oil pan off but he would have to pull the motor. i knew he should have kept the other blazer