Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

metal roof panels, where to get them and how much and what size are they ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, May 30, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what are they technically called ? they look like siding panels, probably exact same, i know somebody knows what im talking about, where do you find them and how big are they and how much would they be per sheet ? would they have any that would be at least 15 feet long ?
    all we have in this area that might have any would be lowes or menards, we dont have much of anything else cept for a farm and fleet in springfield

thanks for anything

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Are you talking about tin roofing?

I did the roof of my pump shed in tin. I was able to order it in 36" panels cut to length(approx 8 ft) but I think it comes as long as 16'. The average price up in my area is around $1-2 per square foot. Here's a link to the outfit I dealt with. They're a Canadian outfit, but it should at least give you an idea of the types of products available on the market:

VICWEST

Hope this helps, brother. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

*Edit*- It looks like these guys have factories in the USA as well, so you may want to take a closer look at their products.

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Re: metal roof panels, where to get them and how much and what size are the

They'reare called Couragated Panels and are typicaly 26" wide for a 24" coverage or 49" for 48" coverage, They are usualy 8-16' in even foot incraments. Lowes can special order them, We get them from a company called Orange Steel and I tink they are in Ohio or West Virginia.

4. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Menards carries them

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

it's been awhile since I've done this but the roof and siding is not the same. it all depends on how fancy you want to get, if you want cheap, then it's the lumbaryard galvanized tin coorigated roofing you want. if you want something nicer then talk to most any metal building supplier, muller supply is one source but they seem to be higher than a lot of places granted they do give a 30yr ? warranty on there product. http://www.muellerinc.com/tech/install_manuals.php

as far as size the r panel comes in 36" widths and can be cut to pretty much any length you want. ask around at any place that specializes in metal buildings.