Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Metallica Icon- anyone see it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, May 7, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i only caught the last 1/2 hr of it but it was bad ass. Limp covered Sanatarium. kinda weird to hear a Matallica song with scratchin in it, LOL! still rocked though.

the best part was the end when Metallica came out and did a meddly of all their stuff. man, after 20 years, those guys can still get it Aaaawwwn!!!!! you just can't listen to them with out your head startin a bobbin and a snarl on your face. Say what you like about them selling out and what not, i think they are the Sh!t of all Sh!t in Heavy Metal. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I turned on the TV and was flipping through, just in time to catch the fawking 'Behind the Music' on VH1...I missed the damn Icon. I had been looking forward to that for a couple weeks. If MTV holds true to form, it will get broadcast again. And again. And again.

And I have to agree...people can bitch about them selling out, but they did it better than anyone in the 80's (and today for that matter), and no one is better live. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And I have to agree...people can bitch about them selling out, but they did it better than anyone in the 80's (and today for that matter), and no one is better live.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, uh, where is Dave Mustain these days???? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I think he is in the recording studio, making an album that sounds like 'Peace Sells...But Whos Buying'. Or maybe 'Rust in Peace'. Wait, is there a difference?

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah I think they pretty much kick A$$ also. I get sick and tired of people saying that they sold out. BS. What the hell do people expect. Does anyone really stay the same for 20 years and who the hell want's a band to make the same type of music over and over. Also they are getting old like everyone else does so yes they are gonna slow down.

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Well said Corey...
    [ QUOTE ]
    i think they are the Sh!t of all Sh!t in Heavy Metal.

[/ QUOTE ]
    And hell yea!

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Yep, I saw it, it was pretty cool. Avril rocked, Korn rocked, Limp Bizkit rocked (surprisingly), Snoop Dogg sucked. That boy needs to stick to rapping, because he sure can't sing! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The medley at the end was cool, they played some hard, fast stuff. But the best part was the little teaser at the very end from St. Anger. I am anxiously waiting for that album to come out.....June 10th!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Ive missed it twice now.Im always at football practice when its on.As far as selling out there isnt a band out there right now who hasnt sold out one way or another.Except the non popular underground bands.You have to know that music is a business not just music.WELCOME 2 AMERICA.Everything is business get used to it.I still wont go to their tour this year because i cant stand linkin park. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I still wont go to their tour this year because i cant stand linkin park.

[/ QUOTE ]

[choir]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MENNNNNNNNNNNNNN[/choir]

10. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I saw it. I wasn't impressed with Avril doing "Fuel" I've seen her get more amped doing "Sk8ter Boy" It was disappointing, like she had the flu or something. No energy for it.
    I loved Limp Bizkit doing Sanitarium. I thought it was the best tribute. Korn was good too.
    Yeah, what was up with Snoop? Total crap.
    I don't care what anyone says either, they get me fired up no ifs, ands or buts!

11. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I saw the last half hour of it. I wanted to see Avril do Fuel, but missed it. I was impressed with Bizkit's interpretation of Sanitarium. Metallica tore the roof off with their closer though. BAD A$$!!!!

New Bass player has chops too, but after playing with Ozzy, he oughta know what he's doing.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[quoteI still wont go to their tour this year because i cant stand linkin park. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT? How can you not like Linkin Park? That's got to be in the top 5 of my favorite bands. To me, they're like Bizkit, only good. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, what was up with Snoop? Total crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i missed that part. i like snoop but i can't quite picture him doing matallica. what song did he cover? Fizzel to Blizzel? Jam Master of Puppets? 1-2-3 and to the Four Horsman? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Snoop did "Sad but True", and it was truly sad. Soundled like a cat with it's nuts caught in a door /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. I am a true hater of "rap metal", and limp bisquick did a killer job on "Sanitarium". That show was a way back machine for me, I bought my first 'tallica tape in 1983, when I was 13 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

John

15. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

dont really like bizkit anymore suz their music got to be boreing.If durst stuck to raping and screaming it might be better.But he tries to sing and its annoying.Someone should tell him he cant sing.As far as linkin park......lets just say that a rock group that puts out an album that is there 1st album remixed isnt a rock group to me thats something that NSYNC (did i spell that right???)would do.Its apart of the business and ill give em props for making money off the same album twice.But that new age rock sound doesnt do it for me.

16. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

Megadeth broke up because Dave Mustain injured his left arm anout a year ago and no longer has the control to play guitar. otherwise Megadeth was twice the band metallica was, they just never got the exposure which is really unfortunate. and the only difference between the metallica albums is that after 'and justice for all' they got pathetically worse with every try, and i don't really understand how people cal listen to them play live anymore, with hetfield singing they way he does you might as well head bang to povaratti.

17. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    otherwise Megadeth was twice the band metallica was, they just never got the exposure which is really unfortunate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deam on. Megadeth is half the band Metallica is. Which of the 5 different lineups is your favorite? The only thing consistent about Megadeth is that the keep sucking, no matter WHO is in the band. No exposure, because there is nothing to show. Had the most sucessful metal band ever not kicked Mustaine out, where would he have made a name for himself?

[ QUOTE ]
    and the only difference between the metallica albums is that after 'and justice for all' they got pathetically worse with every try

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame on Metallica for not putting the same album out over, and over, and over again. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

18. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i was wondering when the megadeath guys would start chiming in. they had two or three songs i liked but thats it. no where neer the talent level.

19. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and i don't really understand how people cal listen to them play live anymore

[/ QUOTE ]
    I saw them on the Load tour and they kicked ass. they played 90% pre-black album stuff and hardly anything from Load. I would definately see them again. As far as Megadeth goes....they had alot of killer songs although thier newer albums pretty much sucked. The World Needs A Hero was horrible.