Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Metallica Is A Joke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Feb 18, 2003.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Metallica Is A Joke
    Ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted has slammed his former bandmates over their decision to tour this summer with LINKIN PARK and LIMP BIZKIT, calling the move "an obvious cash thing" and claiming that the group are "not staying true to their words."

"It's a joke, I think METALLICA are just a joke," Newsted told Britain's Rock Sound magazine in reference to the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003, which kicks off on July 4. "I don't think they have any idea. I am fan of METALLICA again, I did my thing in there and felt good and I'm proud of that [censored] and I am more proud than sour. But that's the integrity down the [censored] tube! Why can't they take out STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, why can't they take out IN FLAMES? What they are doing now is such an obvious cash thing and has nothing to do with the music that we're supposed to be fighting for.

"Kirk got quoted about their new record sounding like ENTOMBED. How can it sound like ENTOMBED, how? Who is playing bass to make it sound like ENTOMBED? James is a good bass player, but c'mon, dude! Lars — he hasn't practiced enough drums over the years — he let his art fall away from him, he doesn't have the same finesse as he used to have, so how is it going to sound like ENTOMBED and have that energy? And anyway if they are speaking like that how come they are not talking ENTOMBED out on tour? Or MESHUGGAH — how came they are not staying true to their words? That's what really bothers me."

Newsted's new band, VOIVOD, start their U.S. tour on April 10 and are set to visit Europe in June — but don't expect to see METALLICA and VOIVOD on the same bill.

"There is political [censored] going on, they are really against us being on the same bills," Newsted explained. "Wherever METALLICA is, you won't be seeing VOIVOD."

Taking off the www.blabbermouth.net page /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

It's all about the money. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

whens the metallica tour???

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="red"> Metallica is going on the road with bands that people want to see just to get the draw ! They know deep down that they can't have as succesful of a tour without them on the bill ....... The ONLY way I'd shell out my hard earned money on a ticket is if they were to come out and play all the old (good ) stuff and NOT this mamby pamby crap they put out recently. I know... I know..... Metallica put out some hard stuff lately, but it's nowhere near the older stuff !! They lost the ability to put those old songs together once they saw the dollar signs ! The other bad thing about this tour is this ..... Now I can't see Linkin Park tour with some other bands that I WANT to see instead of not seeing them this tour ....SUCKS !</font color>

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can't agree more !!!!! I miss thier old music, but they're nothing but sell outs now.

7. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I saw them on the Load tour and the majority of stuff they played was the old (good) stuff. I certainly hope the new album is better than the last 2 (or 3).

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Lars; he hasn't practiced enough drums over the years; he let his art fall away from him, he doesn't have the same finesse as he used to have

[/ QUOTE ]

Lars used to be one of the most innovative and energetic drummers out there. Not anymore- I have read a handful of articles stating that he is to blame for Metallica's new "pace". I tend to agree- have any of you watched the S&amp;M video? After they played "One", Lars looked like he'd just got beaten up. All the other guys looked fine.

9. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

ENTOMBED IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS AND IF METALLICA SOUNDS LIKE THEM IM GOING TO KILL MYSELF

10. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    After they played "One", Lars looked like he'd just got beaten up. All the other guys looked fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever listen closely to the double base on "One?" I'm sure you'd be fawkin tired even trying to attempy playing that sh!t.

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Actually, yeah, I have listened to the drum score closely in that song and about 10,000 others seeing I play drums.

At one point in my life I belonged to a couple of speed metal bands- I know all about playing fast song after song. Double kick doesn't tire you out that much if you do it right, trust me. The upper body aspect of drums is much more physically tiring.

My point is that if one song tires you out, you should find a new line of work.

And next time you decide to try and insult someone by inferring they don't know what they're talking about, do your research first. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Metallica should never be on the same bill as "Stinkin' Fart" or "Limp Wristed". My days of looking forward to a Metallica tour are over... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

John

13. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I must admit I was really surprised to see Metallica and Limp Wristed on the same tour.....especially after they traded insults over the whole Napster thing.

14. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I will admit i wont buy tickets for this tour.As far as napster goes if metallica didnt do it some one else would have sooner or later.Its not like there are no ore free sites to download from.If their new album is good ill buy it if it suck then i wont.I wont go to the tour though bands like linkin park really piss me off.As far as newted goes i didnt see him complaning about getting those sell out checks.

15. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

*Shakes Head*

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

16. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

CanMorek5,

[​IMG] I didn't know, honestly /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Propz to you for being a musician, i myself, being a guitar player don't know much about drums, but I just hate it when people dog Metallica, but I guess I can't stop that... arguing always ends up like this /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif [​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]
    My point is that if one song tires you out, you should find a new line of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not really thier "work" anymore. They already have all the $$. Its kinda like magic johnson coming back to play inthe allstar 3 on 3... hes fat and old and slow. Everyone still enjoys watching him... except me /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    lol

17. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

you say what ever you want. they are very talented and i will pay for their new CD. and if i am lucky enough to be able to see them in concert i will shell out what ever they ask. call me what you will, i still like em.