Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Metallica poll

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Okay, here's the question:

IF YOU BUY CDs, and if Metallica released a brand new CD in the style of their first album, Kill 'Em All, would you buy it?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i think the only ppl or most of the ppl who are going to vote hn this thread will be metallica fans haha

how about megadeth? megadeth is my top metal band, bar none!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i wouldn't buy it but i sure as hell would download it just to piss them off /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

DITTO!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok now i stand corrected, haha

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i wouldn't buy it but i sure as hell would download it just to piss them off /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont buy cd's anymore just because of jackassess like them! To bad it hurts the bands I do like but I'm not letting the RIAA touch my money anymore /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. Can Can

Okay, this is going a little off track. I'm not interested in those that don't buy CDs or choose to DL rather than purchase their music. The reason for this poll is to determine(if you are indeed a CD buyer) if you would buy a NEW "old-school" Metallica CD....

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Not a huge metallica fan, but St. Anger SUCKED!

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Okay, this is going a little off track. I'm not interested in those that don't buy CDs or choose to DL rather than purchase their music. The reason for this poll is to determine(if you are indeed a CD buyer) if you would buy a NEW "old-school" Metallica CD....

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave it up to someone from Texas to say something like that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

As for Metallica, they kicked a lot of ass back in the day, but these days they are like a Z3PR post, an abortion that should have never been concieved.

St. Anger the song had a lot of potential, but James Hetfield doing those lyrics like that just fawking ruinated it beyond belief.

The days of the kick ass rock and roll bands are over. G-N-R, thanks you fawktard Axl Rose. Van Halen, well who knows but the last stuff I heard they put out went along with Metallica's new stuff, too much pussification.

AC/DC I do believe is about the last of the old time ass kicking rockers still in the ass kicking mode.

Face it, rock is dead. There will never be anymore good stuff unless these wussies today get off they ecstasy and mineral water and get back to the whiskey and cocaine and acid.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

As for Metallica, they kicked a lot of ass back in the day, but these days they are like a Z3PR post, an abortion that should have never been concieved.

[/ QUOTE ] What ever ya glorified meter maid.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Thanks Bubba /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

He spelled conceived wrong....I before E Bubba..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifbecouse eye sed sew meny tymes befour... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the database went down on that other site and all caring and compassion has now left my heartless soul YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please put me on your ignore list right after reading this cause your clueless fawking remarks are a useless attempt to make yourself feel better and the absence of your responses to whatever I wrote, the better this board will be.

Furthermore you idiotic fawktard, please return to the third fawking grade and relearn your fawking reading comprehension skills.

I don't know what the **** your problem is, but making cracks about what I do, even though you apparently missed the post where I told you exactly what I do, is fawking so immature it's not even funny.

Furtherfawkingmore and hopefully the last, lay the **** off meter maids!!! I could care less if you have anger issues towards the nice people who endure idiotic, immature buttlickers who are totally clueless about how to properly park their cars and feel the whole world revolves around them cause you recieved a ticket one day; but most of them deal with more crap from dumba**es on a daily basis than your worthless little mentality could handle.

So get learnt to read, get your facts straight and STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Can Can

I encourage people to defend themselves and at the same time enjoy provocative and enthusiastic replies to fawktards. I have also been known to join in on the odd hijack, which I admit is thoroughly enjoyable.

But, that being said, PLEASE, lads, let's keep this one on topic...... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the database went down on that other site and all caring and compassion has now left my heartless soul YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please put me on your ignore list right after reading this cause your clueless fawking remarks are a useless attempt to make yourself feel better and the absence of your responses to whatever I wrote, the better this board will be.

Furthermore you idiotic fawktard, please return to the third fawking grade and relearn your fawking reading comprehension skills.

I don't know what the **** your problem is, but making cracks about what I do, even though you apparently missed the post where I told you exactly what I do, is fawking so immature it's not even funny.

Furtherfawkingmore and hopefully the last, lay the **** off meter maids!!! I could care less if you have anger issues towards the nice people who endure idiotic, immature buttlickers who are totally clueless about how to properly park their cars and feel the whole world revolves around them cause you recieved a ticket one day; but most of them deal with more crap from dumba**es on a daily basis than your worthless little mentality could handle.

[/ QUOTE ] I guess you don't remember all the crap you said about me to try too piss me off now do you. Yes, I know what you do for a living, and I respect everyone in law enforcement, but Bubba, sh_t on me and I'll sh_t on you. It's not intended to piss you off anymore then saying, [ QUOTE ]
    He's delusional with a warped sense of reality topped off by extreme paranoia. Can you say bad life choices boys and girls??????????????????????

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

"He ain't all there, is he?"

[/ QUOTE ] So with that said, I'll try to stay on topic and talk about Metallica in this thread.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I guess you don't remember all the crap you said about me to try too piss me off now do you. Yes, I know what you do for a living, and I respect everyone in law enforcement, but Bubba, sh_t on me and I'll sh_t on you. It's not intended to piss you off anymore then saying, [ QUOTE ]
    He's delusional with a warped sense of reality topped off by extreme paranoia. Can you say bad life choices boys and girls??????????????????????

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] So with that said, I'll try to stay on topic and talk about Metallica in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

**** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    But, that being said, PLEASE, lads, let's keep this one on topic......

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered if a song about Beaver Oil would sound good if Metallica did it?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

David allen Coe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

**** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    But, that being said, PLEASE, lads, let's keep this one on topic......

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered if a song about Beaver Oil would sound good if Metallica did it?

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Merry Christmas to you too. And about Metallica so we can stay on topic, There is something too be said about Megadeth, for some reson I've liked thier newer stuff much more then Metallica's.

19. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

^ Hows that for staying on topic!? ^

Anyhow I'll clarify my position a little more. I use to like metallica up to the Black album... the only thing after that I like is the Fuel song... Otherwise the band metallica as-a-HOLE can take a flying leap. I have a friend that's a die hard fan and she actually knows them personally and travels with the band. I hear good stories but then I see the press headlines and Napster going down. Dispite them making good music (which as I said two lines up, I dont like their new stuff), I wouldn't buy or DL a new "retro" style Metallica cd regaurdless if it was good or not.

As a side note... MegaDeath ROCKS! :headbanger:
    Then again heavy metal music is not my kind of music these days... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yes I would buy it. As for Megadeath they suck a horses ass.