Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Metallica Show...I must brag

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigburban383, Apr 30, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Well, since my buddy and i paid $75 for our tickets, we wanted to get our moneys worth. Last night was the show in Grand Rapids Michigan and they played with Godsmack /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif. We got there really early and got in line really early after some burgers and whiskey. First ones in we immediatly grabbed the rail. The stage was only about 3 ft high and we were about 4 ft to it. Godsmack rocked, the lead singer did this drum session with the drummer, it was sweet. As for Metallica, yeah they were pretty much sweating on us. When we reached out to touch them when they came to the edge of the stage we were only inches from their guitars. Kirk did the "One" solo right directly in front of me. We ended up gettig a guitar pic to add to our collection, it ruled. They played a lot of old stuff they havent played in a while, holier then thou, blitzkrieg...

I love real live music played and sang by real life people live. Screw Janet Jackson and the Backdoor boys lyp sinc BS dance like monkeys...blow me.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm not too into concerts or meeting celebrities, but Metallica sounds like a great band to meet/see play.

Can Met still belt em out? How'd the new bassist do?

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

awesome /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

sounds like fun,

i wanted to go but it was sold out like 2 months ago AFIAK /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

*JEALOUS*

I haven't seen Metallica since '97....I need to go AGAIN!!

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, since my buddy and i paid $75 for our tickets, we wanted to get our moneys worth. Last night was the show in Grand Rapids Michigan and they played with Godsmack /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif. We got there really early and got in line really early after some burgers and whiskey. First ones in we immediatly grabbed the rail. The stage was only about 3 ft high and we were about 4 ft to it. Godsmack rocked, the lead singer did this drum session with the drummer, it was sweet. As for Metallica, yeah they were pretty much sweating on us. When we reached out to touch them when they came to the edge of the stage we were only inches from their guitars. Kirk did the "One" solo right directly in front of me. We ended up gettig a guitar pic to add to our collection, it ruled. They played a lot of old stuff they havent played in a while, holier then thou, blitzkrieg...

I love real live music played and sang by real life people live. Screw Janet Jackson and the Backdoor boys lyp sinc BS dance like monkeys...blow me.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I seen them in Casper, Wy. Great show, just wish they would have played longer. I really liked the dual drumming in Godsmack's set. Did they have the rotating stage ???

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm very jealous! I'm a huge metallica fan and can play 2 or 3 dozen of their songs on lead guitar. Still haven't seen them live yet though. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    *JEALOUS*

I haven't seen Metallica since '97....I need to go AGAIN!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw Met 4 times.. Opening for motorhead in 85, Opening for OZZY's "ultimate sin" tour when puppets came out, In 1991, with Guns & Roses at 3 rivers stadium, and finally in 97 (I think) in support of load.

I love 'em dearly, and I think they were the best at what they did, but their early shows were their best, IMHO. Does it seem like they got their intensity back on this latest tour? The 97 show bit because they just phoned it in.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm not too into concerts or meeting celebrities, but Metallica sounds like a great band to meet/see play.

Can Met still belt em out? How'd the new bassist do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Metallica is very much alive and still rockin. I like the new bassist, hes got a lot of energy and is just crazy! I like Newsted while he was still here, I saw him in two concerts, one where he sang some of the songs because Hetfield injured his back.

10. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    I seen them in Casper, Wy. Great show, just wish they would have played longer. I really liked the dual drumming in Godsmack's set. Did they have the rotating stage ???

[/ QUOTE ]

For Godsmack, the two drumsets rotated. For Metallica the whole stage rotated. For about three songs Lars was right in our faces. At one point Lars came to the edge of the stage and got the security guard in front of me to balance a glass of water on his head, LOL!

11. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm very jealous! I'm a huge metallica fan and can play 2 or 3 dozen of their songs on lead guitar. Still haven't seen them live yet though. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, go see them before its to late. Thats my motivation to see them in concert, although this was my 5th time, they all rock. Here in Detroit there is so much energy from the crowd its awsome /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Metallica blows now.

13. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Metallica blows now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Each other that is,,, /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

14. Resurrection_Joe

You always blew! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. Resurrection_Joe

16. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

You don't even know me bubba, shat uup, /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif they may have been ok in their earlier years, but recently with their crybaby ways and this so called music, com'on.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You don't even know me bubba, shat uup, /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif they may have been ok in their earlier years, but recently with their crybaby ways and this so called music, com'on.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!! Metallica ROCKED back in the day but the blow balls now.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Keep in mind that in concert they play 90% pre black album songs, and 10% post black album songs. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. bigburban383

People have different opinions, yours is biased because Napster went out and Lars had a voice. It wasn't just Lars that complained, he was just super famous and got the most media attention. About the newer Metallica music, wouldn't you get sick of playing the same stuff for 20 years, they compose what they want to, IMHO I think its good sh*t /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. Resurrection_Joe

WHat about your crybaby insistance not to pay for other peoples work? Just because they're rich they don't deserve it?

Yeah I don't know you and you don't know Met, they aren't here to pander to your simple and fickle wants