Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Metallica tickets...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Are friggin expensive!!! They're going to Casper, Wyoming with Godsmack on March 20. I just looked up ticket prices, $185 each... That's a little much for any band, even Metallica... What's up wit dat??!!??!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

damn! back in the 90s when i saw them i paid a ticket agency 150 bucks a ticket and got 4th row center. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they have to make up for the HUGE amounts of money they lose to file sharing /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

hahaha

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I've never paid that much for a concert... heck, the most expensive concert I've ever gone to, was New Years Evil, for new year 99 in phoenix. the list of bands was:

-SoulFly
    -Slayer
    -Megadeth
    -Pantera
    -(someone else)
    -Black Sabbath with the return of Ozzy.

my friend bought the tickets, and paid $120 for a pair of them. I got in for free because he needed a lift to the concert (no car) and had no other options. heh I almost got fired for going to that concert: skipped out on work to go there... hehe

back to the question at hand, Metallica can suck on a pile of broken glass, infected with HIV.

I wouldn't pay $20 to see them anymore...

-Rich

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

they are just to fawking greedy any more /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Back in the days of "Master of Puppets", and "And Justice for All" I might have gone to see them in concert, but everything from "The Black Album" to date has majorly sucked !!! Can you say SELL OUT ??? But I would go for "Godsmack" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Back in the days of "Master of Puppets", and "And Justice for All" I might have gone to see them in concert, but everything from "The Black Album" to date has majorly sucked !!! Can you say SELL OUT ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree. "Kill 'em All" is probably my fave. I got all excited when I was hearing that the newest album was gonna sound like oldskool Metallica. What a letdown..... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

They'll be here in Phoenix March 2, I'm going but only cuz we have a suite at the arena they'll be at and I get the tickets free.. [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously though they pushed me away when they made a big deal out of the NAPSTER issue.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I saw Metallica on the summer Sanitarium tour this year in D.C. It was only a couple of months after the St. Anger debut. They realize we don't like their new stuff too much. They played all of the old stuff. Battery,For Whom the Bell Tolls, ETC. Maybe one song off of Load and one from St. Anger. They were still awesome.

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I wouldn't pay $20 to see them anymore...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really only got excited about it when the commercial said they would be performing with Godsmack... But I still want to see Metallica... but I don't want to pay darn near $200, plus gas money, plus food, plus probably a hotel since the concert is 300 miles away to see either one of them... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

It was only 90 per ticket for Summer Sanitarium

14. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I got 2 for 15 each last time they came

15. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

If they would ever depend on me for any financial support they will starve first. $185 each my ass. Do you know what I can buy for my K5 for that and enjoy it for much longer. Screw'em, I'm going to download more right now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

Got mine for Boise, ID on March 20th. $60ea See Here

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    they have to make up for the HUGE amounts of money they lose to file sharing /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Seriously though they pushed me away when they made a big deal out of the NAPSTER issue..

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what I say? [darn] METALLICA! Ever since the Napster thing, they can lick my balls. Their new music sucks anyway...all their fans know it too. They just keep going to concerts, thinking that the guys will remember how to really rock or something.

Screw that. I've seen Nickelback, Three Doors Down, Theory of a Dead Man, Audiovent, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, etc. just in the last 12 months. Chevelle REALLY can rock, their tickets were pretty cheap, they're from Chicago....

Did I mention that Metallica sucks?

18. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

wow for once i can say i totally agree with Tim /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Yea they really do suck

19. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are friggin expensive!!! They're going to Casper, Wyoming with Godsmack on March 20. I just looked up ticket prices, $185 each... That's a little much for any band, even Metallica... What's up wit dat??!!??!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are some money hungry bitches, and that's all there is to it.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

20. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Way to much money for them, I would pass.