Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mexican Food....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

There are no good Mexican restaurants in this town that I've eaten at...

I've been to one of the best in town, and it doesn't even compare to a couple of the semi-fast mexican food I can get in Greeley, Colorado.... but I guess I've been spoiled in Colorado with good mexican food... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And nothing I've had compares to the green chili made by a cook at the nursing home I used to work at... that stuff is so damn hot... yet good enough to keep you going back for more /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There are no good Mexican restaurants in this town that I've eaten at...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Taco Bell doesn't count.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sorry to tell you Colorado doesn't have good mexican food either. I am from AZ and when I was in CO I didn't find any good mexican food. But I am spoiled because my best friend is mexican and his mom makes great food. The really good stuff. True mexican food from true mexicans

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

There used to be a place down in Dalhart, TX that made some great stuff......

Out here in Cali though, about the only real Mexican food I can find is on the trucks.

All the restaurants out here have been wussified for the gringos.........

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

theres a lil hole in the wall place in vegas that is the best mexican food ive ever had!!! called dora maria's i miss that place. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

where are some good places here in PHX guys?

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

ha come down to corpus christi. we have this place called taqeria(sp?) jalisco which is a chain restraunt here in town and wow their mexican food is great. oh and my mom makes awesome mexican food. she don't make homeade tortillas tho. that sux but oh well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I must have the best of both worlds /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif i live like 10miles form mexico /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif i can find some of the best food there and wait till you try the mariscos(seafood) in rosarito or ensenada. i gotta go there. a few months ago we had some busness reps drop by from northern USA, we took them to mex for dinner. their local mex restaruant has not been the same since.
    all this talking about food makes me hungry, i;m gonna go out and get some taquitos...

ARQ.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You need to go into some city with alot of illeagle mexicans. Find some little hole in the wall mexican restront where you're lucky to find anyone working there that can speak english. Then you'll know what good mexican food taste like. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    You need to go into some city with alot of illeagle mexicans. Find some little hole in the wall mexican restront where you're lucky to find anyone working there that can speak english. Then you'll know what good mexican food taste like. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    You need to go into some city with alot of illeagle mexicans. Find some little hole in the wall mexican restront where you're lucky to find anyone working there that can spell english. Then you'll know what good mexican food taste like. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... can we say Greeley, Colorado? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It's the closest one to me anyway... but if you go percentages, it's probably about as illegally populated as some bigger places /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Brighton has alot too. You can find some decent mexican food there from what I understand. Fort Collins doesn't have any good mexican food though, or at least I couldn't find any.

The Armadillo in Fort Collins had some decent food, but it was bland. No spice. The gringo's in CO don't understand spice so they don't make the mexican food there spicy like it should be.

13. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Hey, it could be worse... You could be stuck in Iowa... damn stupid [darn] gringo ass no mexican food having pieces of [darn]!

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... can we say Greeley, Colorado? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It's the closest one to me anyway... but if you go percentages, it's probably about as illegally populated as some bigger places /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Don't know what Greeley is like, but in South Omaha, there is alot of illeagle mexicans. I go to this one little restront on 24th and H st where none of them can speak english, and they don't have green cards. This place normally servers only mexicans. I went there the first time with a couple mexican friends. I just point to what I want on the menu, LOL. It's real mexican food. Sets your mouth on fire going down, and burns just as bad, if not worse, coming out. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't know what Greeley is like, but in South Omaha, there is alot of illeagle mexicans. I go to this one little restront on 24th and H st where none of them can speak english, and they don't have green cards. This place normally servers only mexicans. I went there the first time with a couple mexican friends. I just point to what I want on the menu, LOL. It's real mexican food. Sets your mouth on fire going down, and burns just as bad, if not worse, coming out. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif