Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mexican Gold Card

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Mar 7, 2006.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

http://www.johnandkenshow.com/

This is not a joke.

That is what the Bush Adminstration is calling their proposed I.D.card for Mexican nationals in the U.S. They called a closed meeting with Senate Aides of Senators who are supporters of such a program. Apparently, jaws dropped all over the room at the name. Illegal Aliens will be able to come and go at will.

The committee hearings in the next two weeks will be the most important to our nation than any in the last 30 years. Contact your Senator and tell them no amnesty. I heard this Mr. Stein on the radio today discussing this issue. He is from the American Center for Immigration Reform.

Mr. Stein (Dan Stein, I think), has the opinion that the Bush Admin. just selling out the American working class to employers who will have an unending stream of cheap labor. At the rate of current immigration, he said, we will have 1 billion people in the U.S. by 2010.

The topic of Immigration policy in our country's history is always been interesting to me. I have opinions, and the books, to comment. But that is history, this is right now. And it is not good. And I do not think it will change course.

Nations, push up daisies as the result of open border policies. I am not exaggerating. The most popular example is the Roman Empire.

This is not exnophobia, hatred or any of the ilk on the part of a dissenter of Bush's plan.

I will tell you what is is though. Bad policy.

Yesterday I noticed at Wells Fargo they remodeled with new signage in Engish / Spanish. The tellers were speaking with cutomers in Spanish. The teller greeted me with a perky "hola!"

Check the link.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Would you be so offended if the immigrants in question were white and spoke English?

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

We wouldn't be forced to modify our culture then, but the effects would remain the same.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yes

America is just gonna have to move north and infring on th Canadian igloo building market

5. Can Can

This........

is why I asked the question. I'm just trying to understand his point of view. Is ALL immigration bad, or just colored, non-English speaking immigration. I don't give a rat's ass either way, but I'm curious.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I really need to pay attention to the border issue... I don't care if they're purple and speak swahili, I don't sneak in to other countries and use their resources, be it work, freedom, etc...

7. mikey_d05

I don't think immigration on a certain scale is bad, I think that en mass it is detrimental. The nationality, language or color of the people is irrelevant. It's just that in this case the majority is from one country, and the language barrier makes it VERY noticable.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think the difference is open immigration, or controlled immigration. The immigrant goes through a process and becomes a citizen or legal resident. As opposed to the immigrant coming and going as he pleases with little knowledge of the culture or screening, and little or no documentation.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I think, after you weed out all the bigots, it's a responsibility/morals issue.

You don't want to see people taking jobs at low wage ruining your career, and you don't want to see people being taken advantage of because they come from a bad area.

You don't want the nature of your country changed, and you don't want to see another country abandoned, corrupt, and destitute.

I don't see why they can't just get themselves some pride and bottstrap it up. It would be hard as hell, ahrder than anything I and a lot of other people have done, but why just abandon your homeland?

10. Can Can

Kick them all out, as long as you're willing to pay $14 for a head of lettuce.......:whistle:

11. mikey_d05

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sheesh, is that what you're paying for lettuce?? :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Although I know in Canmore a house is an arm and a leg, too...

13. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am not a Bush basher and I do vote Rebublican but I am getting really tired of all the things the Bush administration has been doing to sell out the American people to line their own pockets. Before anybody flames me (Bush supporters) I think that all politicians suck and would do just about anything to make themselves more money. I also welcome anybody that thinks this I.D. "Gold Card" is a good thing to please explain.

14. Can Can

Maybe for you, but I doubt this was brought up just "because".:thinking:

15. Can Can

You know what I mean, smartass......:deal: :wink1:

16. mikey_d05

Ok, I really have no idea what his intentions were, but like I said the language thing makes this whole deal WAY more visible than it would be if the country in question spoke primarily english.

17. gauder

gauder Banned

Shouldn't it be a platinum card? I thought platinum was the new gold.

18. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I have no problem with immigration as long as immigrants integrate themselves into American culture. Yea, I realize that the United States was built by immigrants, but they blended their cultures together to make ours. Nowhere else in the world is there a country quite like ours, so in my opinion, we have our own culture, regardless of the fact that it's a mix of many different cultures.

America is not Mexico, so if you wanna be here, be a freakin American. And that includes speaking English.

And Paul, this wasn't aimed at you in particular, just at that general argument.

19. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breath free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore; send these, the homeless, the tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

-Statue of Liberty

20. mikey_d05

Everything is open to interpretation...the very document this country was based on for example...and no offense but I seriously doubt that anyone had this in mind when the statue was assembled...as a gift from france no less.