Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Meyers plow pump help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GMCLegacy, Jan 31, 2003.

1. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

Has any one had experience in fixing the problem of not maintaining side angle. Its a meyers plow pump E47 any one have parts diagrams, rebuilt kits, or manuals.

Thanks in advance

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

3. chevelless502

chevelless502 Registered Member

I would say the problem is more likely in your angle cylinders and not the pump. Probably one is leaking alittle by the seals in it and letting the plow angle back. email me if you have any other questions.
    Andy

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I agree that one of the pistons are bleeding by. Does it do it on both sides? My plow leaked so bad last year I had to fill it every time I plowed! It's much better this year after some work but if I catch a bank, it will push over too. Check the web site. I'm sure you can find what you need there.

5. Steve F.

Steve F. Registered Member

On my western set up there is a safty bleed valve that can be adjusted.It seems that all plows should have this so if you hit a curb it will bleed by instead of breaking something.My angle cylinders leak but it still holds an angle unless I hit a curb or a solid snow bank.Best thing to do is get a manual,but its probably a valve.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

It depends on what model pump/body you have. Some of them have relief valves on the side of the body that bleed off pressure if it builds to high. There are 2 styles. one is adjustable. It's common for these springs to become weak or break. The springs are easy to check and are cheap. but then it could also be a ram. I have pics and parts breakdown list. if you want copy's, let me know and I will email them to you. I would check/replace springs before buying/rebuilding rams.