Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Michael...How did you do that???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Dec 7, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Saw your pic of the engine turned dash, this is new to me, I"m noticed the finish before but no idea how it's done, and the link on that guys page is dead.... looks good

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I made a "jig" to go on my drill press. Basiclly a flat board with a straight edge on it. I used this as a guide to keep my panel staight and it had my "tick" marks on it so I could move it the same amount each time. I used a 5/8" wooden dowell with a piece of Scotchbrite pad hotglued onto the end. Hot glueing was recommended by Eamonn and it worked really well. I kept the aluminum lubricated with WD40, which will disolve most other glues. I have a gasket cutter that will cut nice round holes of various sizes in the scootchbrite pads. After you have your "bit" made, you just bring in down onto the aluminum for a couple of seconds, then step and repeat. It's really pretty easy on a flat surface....just time consuming. The link to the <a target="_blank" href=http://www1.ics.uci.edu/~eamonn/et/et.htm>Engine Turning</a> site works just fine for me....Post again if I wasn't clear and I'll try again. It would be really sweet to do on a nice mill...too bad I don't have one!

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

thanks bud, that's just too sweet, I like it

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Cool , man I tell ya the things a guy can learn on this site, I've got a drill press a scotchbrite pad, glugun and a piece of scap aluminum, thanks Michael I'm off to the garage [​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!