Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MICHIGAN CK5ers get together? spring, summer 2004?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Nov 11, 2003.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

why don't we try to get something going on?it would be cool to show our brothers and sisters of CK5 some fun video's and pic's.the last place i went north of here was ST.HELEN, some gravel pit or something,the girl who showed me the trail lives up there.when we got to the top of the gravel hill she said turn right, i couldn't see the ground on either side of my truck or the trail to turn onto, so i swallowed my heart and turned(we were up about 50 or 60 ft.). when i saw the trail again i thought this is cool and f**k this at the same time.there has to be more than the junk around here anymore.where are you and do you think it sounds cool? anywhere is cool to me. hell i drove 3 hrs to kalamazoo just for my engine. thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Anyone is more then welcome to come to the UP anytime. Spring is usually the best wheelin. Just let us know what rigs and how many and our club can have some great trails to run.

3. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Im from sterling heights, I would be intrested, that is if no one minds wheeling with a rookie /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. boggerless

rookie's are cool /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. boggerless

thats what i'm talking about.i would love to hit the trails with you guy's + about 6 friends.there is not much left down here and i'm sick of screwing around at new costruction sites.need a new member? what dates do you peeps want to run?i hope we can get every CK5 member in MICH to come.are you guys willing to travel a little if most are farther away?thanks daryl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

man that would be great. just let me know and ill try to be there. ill even bring some Ford/Dodge/sami friends /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I hate to admit to it, but these things usually fail unless we meet at a predisposed location. IE: Silver Lake Sand Dunes (Mears, Michigan) or The Mounds (Mt. Morris, Michigan).

Dearborn is about a 10.5 hour drive to here (Michigan Tech) and Sterling Heights it's faster to go through Wisconsin and would be like 9 hours. It's four and a half hours across "da yoop".

If it were to be up here (where GMCLegacy, burbBoy, and myself go to school) then it'd be best if it was late spring so most of the snow has melted but before we get out of school. Most of us Fourwheelers scatter during the summer and only a handful of us stay. I usually stay.

Otherwise, it's best to have it downstate at one of those other public state-owned land places like The Mounds or Silver Lake. There are other trails like the ones in Mio but I haven't been there in a decade.

8. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Spring time would be best for our club. I will talk it over at our meeting tomorrow night and see what everyone else thinks.

9. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    The Mounds is open all winter long, its only closed for a month or so in the spring (late march through early aprilish), we need to stay in touch somehow if this is gonna work. I could do the mounds easy, or in June there is always a really good bog in Shiawassee CO. (Cohoctah, MI), do a search for "moonlight stompers" on yahoo.

What it boils down to is 2 things:
    1)I'm down for a get together, distance from Flint is a big deal though

2) Anybody in MI got a K10 SWB frame for sale?_

10. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

I'd be in too! I've been wanting to try some trails in the UP. I've also heard Drummond Island can be a cool place. I'm just North of Grand Rapids and usually wheel up around Mesick, but I'm always lookng for new places.

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Click HERE, you UP and Wisconsin wheelers.

12. boggerless

you right. a customer said yesterday he liked mt.morris,i've never been there.we need to pick a place most everyone can agree on.for me i'm game anytime or place.and i don't care what anyone drives. now how should we decide?should we do it here ? everyone should pick a place and then take all of them and do a poll,i don't know how to set that up,hell i'm still trying to get pic's on /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif so if someone does please help.(i mean help by setting up a poll). like i said i'll go anywere you guy's decide and so will most of my friends ,they drive trucks for a living so driving doesn't bother them. this will be cool as hell /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif thanks daryl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. boggerless

anyone heard of bull gap? a friend of mine says it's the poop.he goes up there alot and talk's s**t about how bad-ass his truck is and how none of mine could make it up.his 98 extendedcab 1/2 ton chevy is funny looking with that 3in. body lift.the frame is only 8 in. off the ground.if he can get up it a riding lawn mower could.i'm definetly inviting him.he's the guy who wouldn't drive up a rock in my front yard. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone heard of bull gap?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's the one around Rose city then yeah I heard about it. I also avoid it. On big weekends it's a bunch of underage drunk kids causing trouble. The people I know went once and won't go back. Been a few people injured and even killed up there.

And they wonder why the DNR keeps closing it down /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.

15. boggerless

my friend tim said the same thing.danny who think's bull gap is so cool,is the same guy that drove home from up north in 4x4 at 85 mph.i'm not into the dope head s**t,well i should say as long as it don't mess up my groove. if you want to do something stupid with your truck i'll laugh.everyone have fun is my motto.maybe everyone name their fav place and we'll all pic from it? i really want to do this.i have 6 friends who are into it, 2 fords,2dodges,2 chevies. bill,chris,tim,mike,john,danny in respect to the vehicle order,ha ha. plus mine,and all you guy's ,we'll have a boat load /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. CyberSniper

Well, it depends on the time of the year. If it is during school time (pre-May) then you'll catch us Fourwheelers here at MTU. If it's during the summer most of us disperse and very few stay up here. I usually stay up here for most of the summer.

If it's going to be downstate it needs to be someplace public and legal. That's why I suggested the Mounds (pretty much in the middle of the state) or Silver Lake. The dunes are pretty hard on rigs so a helter-skelter rig will fail. It's not only hard on cooling systems and starters but it is hard on anything you don't think sand will be nice to. Unless you drive like a girl and air down to 6psi you'll never be below 2,000rpm on the dunes. Anything you think might be near the end of its service will break out on the dunes. Plus, you have to plan on being there for a few days because if it rains you don't want to go out until after its dried up because if you break through the crust you'll be parked until it does dry out.

17. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

CS,
    Our take on the dunes is just the oppisite.
    Always had less problems on the dunes. That's why my '91 will only see the dunes, much easier on it. And I can't air down to 6psi or keep it to 2,000rpm. Cooling system isn't an issue, if you make the big hill on the 1st or 2nd try /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Been out there during the rain as well, just makes you want to stay inside the truck all the time.

18. boggerless

the mounds sound cool,how does it sound to everyone else?like i said i'm cool with anyplace. i want it legal also ,i don't want to give away loot for a trespassing ticket.what are the directions?hopefully this will be just the first time we get together.dates are up to you guy's, i have lots of vacation time(warm is good).a week end is best for my buds.what does everyone think? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

19. CyberSniper

20. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I am supposed to be going to the mounds on the 22 with some guys from work. But I have never been there.