Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Michigan DNR = on crack

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by BigBurban350, Jan 5, 2003.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

We use to go wheeling down the powerlines in Big Rapids MI and one of the seasonal roads that leads there has a section where there is a little sand hill off to the side that people played in. Then the DNR came in and blocked off the sand hill with hugh boulders and put up a plaque saying it is protected, ITS A LITTLE SAND HILL. What a waste of time and money to block this sand off, they put up a sign post with a plaque on it, its really unnescessary.

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Yup... Michigan is getting worse and worse all the time. Lower Peninsula is getting very scarce for wheeling.

Ken H.

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

this is why you must pay attention and sign stuff let the state goverment know what you're thinking,even if its not your state tx has sb155 no river crossings as of 9-01-03 not enough people stood up,power in numbers
    how do you think the tree huggers do it?

4. coreyk5

coreyk5 1/2 ton status

there are tons of trails in the state land behind my father-in-law's house that i took for years growing up. last month, i went to check out some suspension mods on the CJ, and all of the old trails are closed.
    what is the ecological significance of protecting a 2-track? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif