Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Michigan got screwed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekquistk5, Dec 4, 2006.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

F'n BSC bull****!!!!

That is all

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

One word comes to mind.

LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doah:

3. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

BCS right?

I'm with you on the Bull S*1t call.

I don't even like U of M and I agree that they got screwed.

4. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

Michigan got screwed, Boise got screwed, (don't give me the strengh of schedule BS if you go undefeated in NCAA football you should have a shot), Auburn got screwed a couple years ago....point?

The BCS is a popularity contest. I don't think Ohio is the best in the nation. Yes they are undefeated but look at their strength of schedule. When everyone starts playing ball like the SEC plays ball then we will talk.

The system is broken period. Unless an all out boycott happens (i'm not missing the games) it wont get fixed.

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'd like to see a playoff implemented..maybe the "plus one" model being talked about is the way to go.. that's where they decide who will play for the national title after all the bowl games..

Not sure why michigan deserves to be ranked ahead of an actual conference winner.. I'd be ok with a rematch since michigan can't beat tressel anyway..

6. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I don't feel that anyone should have a shot at the title game without winng thier conference. That is just my opinion. Oh yeah I grew up in Ohio so you know I am pulling for Ohio to win.

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I agree but we all know the SEC is the toughest conference in all the land.

Oh did I mention I am a UF fan:D. I still hate the BCS and maybe Michigan got screwed but such is life. I honestly thought Michigan would be #2 and Florida #3 purely because Michigan did not play. Who knows if Michigan had played a 13 game season maybe they would be #2. I think we can all agree that the BCS is broken. I feel there should be a playoff to include the conference champions of the conferences that currently play for the BCS.

Just my .02

Ira

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

its entirely possible for the two best teams (or even three) to be from the same conference though. I'd rather see a March Madness style tourney. Every team that even has a ghost of a claim to being #1 has a chance to prove it on the court. If you think Michigan got robbed, how the **** do you think Boise State feels? They won every game they played, most of them blow outs... and they end up with absolutely NO chance of playing in the title game. Why? Because their school doesn't have a long tradition in the sport. :rolleyes: thats the dumbest thing ever. Its like if you sent the Celtics to the playoffs every single year because they won the most championships in baskettball. :rolleyes: The "good old boys" bull**** in college football needs to stop.

If you michigan fans want to give someone grief... grab your torches and pitchforks and go after the Big 10. It was their idea to end the schedule 2 weeks before everyone else. Wow, that was a good move. :rolleyes:

j

9. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I agree BCS is broken as well. I also agree that the 4 best teams could come from the same conference. So that being said I will withdrawl my statement of needing to win their conference. I do not feel that it is all together even for one conference to play more games than any other either. I think it should be more even. Maybe a little like High shcool ball where you have different divisions based on your average teams ability, but I am sure that would faulter in time as well. Nothing will be fixed without a fair and even playoff like NFL plays. With so many shcools inolved a playoff like that would take an entire year. Either way something needs to be done as it has neeeded for years now.

10. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

The SEC:haha: .OHIO STATE is the best team in the country.They beat TWO #2 teams(Texas,Michigan) in the same season.When was the last time a team from the SEC did that?Florida is lucky to go to the big dance instead of Michigan.I can't stand the wolverines but they deserved to lose again to the BUCKEYES at the BCS championship game.But wolverine and gator taste the same;just like CHICKEN!

11. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

Yes, Ohio state beat the 2 number two teams, but no one else worth mentioning.

[​IMG]

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

So Florida beat one more ranked team than Ohio State. None of the three were top 5 teams. If Florida had gone undefeated this wouldn't be an issue. My problem with the BCS is it is not who you lose to, but when you loose.

I agree the Big 10 needs to add at least one more game. Maybe if Michigan played after that loss they could have stayed ahead of Florida. I don't know what the answer is, but this still isn't it.

Florida is a good team and will play tough. I bet it ends up close.

Go Buckeyes!

13. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

Well, the Buckeyes play no one to have to deal with injuries. They get to stay a whole team all year.

I am from the SEC but looking at that spread there I don't think LSU should be up there.

The whole system is broke, Boise 12 - 0 this year, Auburn 13 - 0 two years ago and there have been others no playing for a NC.

It's Broke

14. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I'm an Auburn grad and Michigan did NOT get screwed. Auburn went 13-0 in '04 and got screwed big time. The BCS is B.S.!!

15. jekbrown

yeah, it bugs me the most when a team is undefeated and can't win the championship. Just what are you asking the students to do? IMO, this could be fixed somewhat simply by not doing ANY ranking polls until 5 games into the season. This whole business about starting a season with rankings... which DO effect the final rankings... is moronic. There is no justification for it whatsoever. If Boise State had beat every single team this year 45 to 0... they still wouldn't be in the BCS title game. Why? Because they didn't play in a championship game back in the old days!!?!?!?? Because the rest of their confernce sucks??!?!?! Because their "strength of schedule" wasn't good enough (maybe the other good teams were scared?)??!?!?! Wow, that makes a LOT of sense. :rolleyes:

Get rid of the ranking early crap and have an 8 team playoff and college football would be fixed, permanently. As it is, I hardly follow the sport... its just to stupid (all the ranking and politics etc) to truly enjoy. A game might be a great game, but the stuff off the field ruins it all for me. NFL is way better. The truly silly thing is, NCAA basketball figured out how to pick the best team a long time ago. And guess what, its wildly popular and makes the college's a pile of cash. Lets not do something like that!

j

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Boise State should be playing for the NT not Florida........
    12-0 vs. 12-0 end of story............

17. jekbrown

Go Broncos!!!!

Really... what happens if Florida beats Ohio, rather convincingly. Say, 35 to 14. Boise stomps their opponent 50 to 0. Who's to say that Boise isn't the best in the country? They won't have the championship... but it will be ONLY because of past prejudices and politics. It won't have anything to do with football.

j

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The BCS is an abortion that needs to be yanked out with a rusty coat hanger in a Tijuana back ally. As far as I am concerned the bowl games are determined based on which "popular" teams will give the best TV rankings and the most $$$.
    Playoffs are the only way to go. Win your conference (and play everyone in your conference) and you make it to the playoffs. Then the conference winners have an elimination tounament......

19. jekbrown

that is what I like about March Madness. Seriously, how cool is the classic "Cinderella Story" in the NCAA tourney? Small teams have a chance... they just have to win on the court. That makes things really exciting. The way the football system is set up now, they might as well pick the 25 best teams and get rid of all the other ones. If you ain't in the "good ol boys club" of legendary teams, you aren't going anywhere.

When Rutgers lost their first game this year, these snooty poll people say "they were done, they always sucked anyway"..... when USC lost against Oregon State, the exact same people said "they are still USC, if they win out, they can bounce back and win it all!". When USC beat Notre Dame, these idiots were ready to cancel the UCLA game and just get on with the championship game. OSU vs USC! Opps.

j

20. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I do believe I said the SEC is the best in all the land. GO GATORS:D

41-14

Ira