Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Michigan guys wil get a kick out of this!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gauder, Dec 15, 2005.

1. gauder

gauder Banned

Had to be Hamtramck didn't it?

HAMTRAMCK, Mich. (AP) - A police officer has been charged with using a Taser on his partner during an argument over whether they should stop for a soft drink.

Ronald Dupuis, 32, was charged Wednesday with assault and could face up to three months in jail if convicted. The six-year member of the force was fired after the Nov. 3 incident. Dupuis and partner Prema Graham began arguing after Dupuis demanded she stop their car at a store so he could buy a soft drink, according to a police report.
    The two then struggled over the steering wheel, and Dupuis hit her leg with his department-issued Taser, the report said. She was not seriously hurt.
    Hamtramck police union lawyer Eugene Bolanowski said he expected Dupuis to hire a private lawyer.
    Hamtramck is a city of 23,000 surrounded by Detroit.

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

There 2 hilarious things here. 1) the guy tasered his partner. 2) The taserie has charged her partner with assault.
    I don't know much about being in the police line of work, I have a couple of friend who are officers, I don't think charging your partner is kosher.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ehh, from what i gather she was driving, so if he tazed her leg while she was driving.... that is just dumb. plus if they argued over the wheel and she was driving the dude COULD (on an extream for both grabn the wheel and shocking her) be charged with attempted murder. the dude is a discrase and should be fired.
    Grant

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Yeah he is an a**, and should be fired. I totally agree. Tha's ridiculous.
    But I don't think I could bring it upon myself to formally charge another officer if I'm not hurt. Just me mabey. I would most certainly bring the issue to my superiors and press them to can him, for sure.