Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MICKEY TOMPSON BAJA BELTED OR TRXUS MT'S?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jan 17, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

MICKEY TOMPSON BAJA BELTED OR TRXUS MT\'S?

What do you guys think of MT Baja Belteds? I was thinking 33 14.50 15 on 12 wide welds. What do you guys think its for a truck that drives on the street mud and sand. I was thinking either that or 33 12.50 15 Trxus Mt's but I would really like a 14.50 tire and Im not sure how 12wides would look on a 12.50 tire If anyone has picture of either I would like to see them. I would really like to see some pictures of Trxus MTs on 15x12 wheels or anyother type of 12.50 of 12wides

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: MICKEY TOMPSON BAJA BELTED?

<font color="green"> 12.5" tires look stupid on 12" wide rims, IMHO. The Baja Belteds work great in the sand, and horrible in the mud. </font color>

3. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

thats what i run , the baja belted and i love them, they surprised me how good they hold up, talked to several other guys that run them on street everyday, and if you rotate every oil change, you can get 60k out of them, tried and true, they are a good street tire, not too bad in rocks, decent in mudd from what i have played in, but sand they are supposed to be the [censored] if you can keep the rpms up, go with the 33/14.50/15 on a 10 or 12, look tough on a 10 with 4 inch lift, frotn springs and ords rear kit, shoudl make a truck look tough and ride really good, run about 18 lbs in them see if they run flat, thats the only dray back of them, gotto test pressure to see what runs flat depending on the vehicle, im a dealer if you need a set ill see if i can get you a good deal drop shiped to ya for cost being a ck5 member i sell to for cost, get ahold of me /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I will post a pic in a few hours for ya, I have the 35x15x17.5's baja radials and I dont like um, in fact I didn't even use um so I put them on blazer #2

too soft

dont last

hard to balance

expensive

replace every 6-12 months with a decent amount of steet driving

really bad for any thing but sand which means no rocks and a spare would almost have to be on a tire carrier if ya went wide

but you know how opinions are....every one has one

5. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

i used the ballance compound that goes in the tire it self never had any trolbe out of them, ran some 18/39/15 for 68,000 miles, never had a bit of trouble out of them, alot of highw ay, jsut have to rotate every 3000 miles, thats just from my experience, i run 16 lbs of pressure, on a 12 inch wheel but we all have diff conditions, to each is own /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif