Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mid/Late 70s Buick Electra? 455

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 24, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I think I can buy two of these cars, one a 2dr and one a 4dr, both for $150. They both have 455 motors, one has a bad rod bearing, the other one runs, just needs a starter and water pump.

Anyone know much about these motors? I know they are lower in power than an Olds 455, but thats about it.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

they are 403 if are 77-79, no bigger, i had a 77 4 door electra with 403 and they good lil motors the caddy and olds guys like those engines cuz bottom ends are supposed to be strong casting and they HP them, i sold my 77 for 250 bucks, what i gave for it a couple years befor,e it still ran strong, it was not slow but it was big car, i had 31 x 10.50 15" on back with chevy truck 15x8 steel rallies, these cars have the chevy truck 5 on 5" wheel pattern

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's definitely a 455, so the cars must be pre-76. They are huge. I might be stupid, but Im thinking about sticking the 4 door body on a 4x4 Dodge frame I have (with a divorced T-case) along with the good 455 and TH400 out of the 2dr. I just want to confuse people at one of the mud races.

Here is the 2dr. prior to the body damage.
    [​IMG]