Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Middle Woodpecker / Woodies Wash Pictures From This Weekend

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, May 4, 2003.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Here are some pictures that I took this weekend when Marv and I ran Woodies Wash/Middle Woodpecker.

It only took us 3.5 hours this time. Just Marv and I and we ripped through the trail. Other than two sidewall cuts, on on Marvs Blazer and one on mine, no breakage.

This is not a trail for the meek and or no body damage. Body damage is a given on this trail...

Lots of fun, and then when we finished the trail we played around in Lower Woodpecker for a short while.

Here are the best of the pictures that I snapped.

Woodies Wash/Lower Woodpecker Pictures

Marv is the Man!!! We are not worthy....

Enjoy...

therobzilla

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Am i the only one who noticed that rob's K5 is missing a headlight between the two set o pics...hehehe.

DW /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Nope, I saw it too. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But it seemed out of order...

4. therobzilla

You guessed it, the first trail run on Woodies, I lost the headlite, and never fixed it, I got in a fight with a tree stump on the trail and the tree stump won....

Good eyes.

Rob

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Did you need to use the Howitzer?? Man, I thought I went prepared /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif!

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Prepared isn't the word...ask him how i gave him his "Vacum Tight" nick name my friend...lol. Involved dropping a fueal tank in the middle of the trail...

DW /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Rob carries damn near everything you could ever want in his truck. He even had that electric impact in his stuff. He even keeps his parts sealed for freshness in "vacuum tight" bags. Rob had to much time with his food saver plus.

I can't really say much on the whole carry alot of stuff thing though. I carry all kinds of crap in my truck. I am going to have to condense and conserve before I go wheeling so I can drop some lbs. out of my truck. I keep everything vaccum sealed too, but in military ammo cans.

8. therobzilla

I have converted from Food Saver Plus to Ziplock Bags. Yes I do carry a bunch of stuff. There is nothing worse than breaking down in the middle of a long camping weekend and some excellent trails. The good news is that I have not broken too much major stuff lately, the better news is, when someone else breaks, I almost always have what they need, and I do mean almost everything. You name it, I probably carry it. The bad news is, my blazer weighs a bunch... My guess is around 6K lbs. The doubler helps with this some.

Doug, I dumped the in tank fuel pump and mounted an external pump, and now carry a spare. Have had absolutely no problems with the external pump. Should have done that a long time ago. I now carry every spare sensor or relay including the ECM for the TPI system. But all that stuff added up does not scale in more than 2 lbs. The power inverter is in the shop, something is wrong with it, so I'm using complete onboard air for everything, not as bad as I thought it would be. I think I have the smaller York though, I never checked it before I installed it. Need to find the bigger CFM York and swap it for the one I have on now.

therobzilla

9. Lazydog

Lazydog 1/2 ton status

I was looking at your pics, Very nice. It looks like you removed the rear quarterpanel on the driver side. How hard was it to do. I need to replace mine.

10. therobzilla

If you are talking about the Green Blazer, it's Marv's. It was simple, sawsall, and some tubing. Most people just don't have the guts to cut it all off.

As my SIG states, sheetmetal is overated.

Good Luck.

Rob

11. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Come on. We know that Marv had basically beat those QP's to the point of falling off. It doesn't take that much guts to cut off what is falling off.

It does take guts to beat them to the point of falling off though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Harley

P.S. I still believe that he just hates the green paint and is/was trying to scrap it all off on the rocks. I also noticed that the tubes are also the same green, apparently so he doesn't loose his edge offroad and has some motivation and desire to keep his goal in life alive. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hey Rob, give me a call when you amatures get serious about cutting. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[Edit] BTW, I love the look of that cut quarter so much I tried to talk my son into following suit with his K5. That's just the outer skin removed, the inner is still there and has some tubes mounted in front of it.