Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Folks, let's get this caravan thing goin' *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by KRAZIE87K5, Jan 26, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Midwest Folks, let\'s get this caravan thing goin\' *UPDATED*

<font color=red>**** ATTENTION ****

Including: OH, KY, MI, IN, WI, and IL! I want to organize a multi-start point caravan for these states! Start points will all funnel down to one final rally point, and then we can all continue to CK5.com's Blazer Bash '02!!!

</font color=red>

I would like to begin getting this caravan organized, and maybe an early spring/summer outting just to get to know everyone. Driving down in numbers will allow us all to assist each other if someone experiences a failure on the way to Moab. We could also share the "spare parts" hassle. We would all still need to brnig some parts, but only a few major parts would have to be brought.

I'm in Chicago - where would everyone like to meet? I can certainly lend my efforts to coordinating this whole thing, so let me know what I can do for eveyone!!!

I think it would be so cool to drive out to Moab in a caravan of &gt;20 Blazers or so... Would rock to see all the rigs on the highway toolin' over to Utah.

I am open to all suggestions, but would love to help everyone organize this. I would need everyone who wants to participate, to forward their personal locations to get things rolling. You can send email to ddycus@netwriteconsulting.net, or just respond to this thread.

Talk to everyone soon!!!!

-Dan

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Re: Midwest Folks, let\'s get this caravan thing goin\'

<font color=purple> I think it's a freakin' great idea ! I just have to get mine done by then ........... It hinges on if I'm going or not !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well being in the same area as Riz, I think it is also a great Idea. But I too am in the dark as to if I can make. My truck also needs to be worked into shape and funds will needed to be acquired. That and I have to see which school I transfer to and when that starts... but definetly keep us posted... 20 Blazers on swampers coming down the freeway would be a sweet sight! [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Same here, not sure if it will be ready be then, I'll keep in touch though. I'm just south of you near Kankakee. That would be a hell of a sight!!!

5. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I know I'm not in any of the states you listed but They do call us the midwest. If you guys planned on coming thru kansas and through colorado on to moab after you all met, maybe me and my ol' man could meet up with you all. I'm not sure if we are going it all depends on the ca$h. If we do come we will probably be hauling the '84 on the trailer behind the '85. Between the 2 k5s there would be room for lots of spare parts in the back. Also under the '84 on the trailer there would be room for spare tires.and such. I was just wondering if you were coming this way and if that might work out. Thanks.

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

6. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

U can count me in, i just talked to the wife and she is all for it, although i will be trailering out there. I dont want to stop every 100 or so miles to fill up that bottomless pit, lol. I am up in Michigan. So let me know what we can do, I WILL have the jimmy done by the end of February, Happy Trails.......

live to wheel, wheel to live--1972 gmc jimmy 8 inch lift, 37" ssr's

7. KRAZIE87K5

For everyone who is interested, please post the city you are coming from. I am going to use a mapping program to calc everyone's shortest routes, and then overlay all the maps to determine the best meeting points prior to the final rally point. I want to make things happen so that we waste as little time/mileage as possible.

I think I will also need the gas mileage info for the vehicle you will be driving to Moab in, so that I can plan gas stops accordingly.

I have all sorts of ideas for the trip, but I need to collect everyone's demographics first. Maybe I can arrange to get a form put up on a website somewhere....

8. speed_deed

Wichita KS 67220 (if you use mapquest.com you might want the zipcode)
    4/5 mpg (with extra k5/parts/trailer)

Might want to check and see who has cb's/phones incase one of us needs to stop due to lack of gas or mechanical failure.

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

9. KRAZIE87K5

I have a phone, a CB, 2 way radios, and would like to get a GPS for this trip. I think that we will have communications down pat!!! [​IMG] I will also have a laptop with a complete map of the US with current road construction info too... that will be making the trip with me as well...

10. KRAZIE87K5

I guess I need to know your tank capacity too then huh? [​IMG] Or just let me know the maximum distance you can travel on one tank of gas... Thanks again! [​IMG]

-Dan

11. speed_deed

Awesome!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I just checked out mapquest.com and looked to see how many miles t would be for me and it turned out about 883 miles then I checked for you from chicago and it looked like a meeting point would be good in salina KS. Because if we met up there it would be I-70 all the way to Moab,except for about 32 miles. I looked at the profiles of the others who have posted on this thread but I can add them to plans till I know what city they are from.

12. speed_deed

Its the largest that they come. I can't remember how many gallons but I did at one point and it was the largest one they made (that year anyway).

13. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

I am coming from Grand Rapids, Michigan and will be towing the Jimmy w/ my 2500 HD. If u need anything else just let me know...later

live to wheel, wheel to live--1972 gmc jimmy 8 inch lift, 37" ssr's

14. speed_deed

In my effort to help i have kinda got a route down that you northern guys could meet somewhere in Chicago and travel through Des moines then on down through Missouri and into salina and I could join in then we could drive across Kansas into Colorado and on into Utah. I am just trying to help and just making a suggestion in a route. I have all the directs down in Microsoft word files, every turn and how many miles or 100's of a mile each road will be until the next turn. This route would enable us to travel through many states and pick up as many people as we could in the most direct path possible. I would like to know what you guys think and all so please tell me. Just my suggestion. Thanks!

15. KRAZIE87K5

Eddie-

Email me the Word docs you have, and I will run them thru MapPoint 2001. I like your ideas, but I want to see how far we are going out of the way vs. a direct route. Thanks for your work!

16. Commocozy

Commocozy 1/2 ton status

If i can get help to finish my jimmy i'll go:-). At the rate i am going i will never be done!

<font color=blue>79 Jimmy. Pretty much stock right now but in a few months she will be all grow up</font color=blue>

17. KRAZIE87K5

I'm game... let me know when and what! Will work for food! [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Count me in... I'm still planning to go, and if things work out, I'll have a K5 (or at least some kind of GM truck/SUV) by then... I'll have a CB and a cell phone that probably won't have service [​IMG]...

I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming Area code 82007. the map thing will probably say I'll take I-25, but depending on where you plan to stop in Colorado, I can take I-25 or US 80 (or 85, don't remember)...

79 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/capman2k/>Go Here</a>
    Wyoming doesn't exist, the map maker just needed to fill the space above Colorado[​IMG]

19. speed_deed

cool! Anybody else going? There has to be more than this around?

20. speed_deed

Maybe not as many midwest ck5ers as I would have figured.