Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Spring K5 Thing - Disney Oklahoma - planning

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Its time to plan for the Midwest Spring K5 Thing run. This year it will be held in Disney Oklahoma. We are planning to have some major sponsors donating parts, plus Fourwheeler Magazine coverage (thanks to Steve Frisbie). We need to get this planned. I will get started with a signup sheet and event flyer. We are planning to have it the last weekend in April or May 18th & 19th, 2002. Need to nail down the date to get the Magazine scheduled. Give me some feedback. Who is interested in attending? Lets Rock Disney!

On another note. We will probably have the summer run at Attica, Indiana so look for more information about this as well.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

2. May would work best for me personally. It would give me time to finish the mods on my truck. It's only about a three hour drive for me, so I'm flexible if April is better for others.

American by birth, Marine by the grace of God

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I am thinking of Attica. Just need to get in touch with them to find out what weekend they will allow full sizes in.
    I can trailer there. OK is a little too far for me.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

4. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

im glad its in disney...only an hour away!

[​IMG]Mash Out![​IMG]
    82 Blazer 1 Ton "Big Nasty"
    78 Jimmy 3/4 Ton
    <font color=red>"Red Dawg" </font color=red>

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

sent you a PM

Kyle
    89K5

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Both work for me I should have the new 14 and the 4:11 gears in by then

72 Blazer CST 400TPI NV4500 NP203/205
    01 Suburban 8100 2500 4X4

7. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

May or April work for me. No missing this one. I just need some solid dates so I can ask off.

We gonna do another sticker for this one?

BIGJ

8. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I know a nice blue truck for it if we do!

72 Blazer CST 400TPI NV4500 NP203/205
    01 Suburban 8100 2500 4X4

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Jeff,

I like the decal you did for last years run, but if you want to work on something new, let me know. I still have some left over from last years run as well as Summer Run decals. I will talk to Jeff Lyons or Cutting Edge Graphics for printing. I would say if you do a logo, it will make it in the Magazine if they choose to use it. Possibly you could get some business. Perhaps you could put your information around the perimeter. I will keep you posted.

Everyone else,

In regards to the Summer run Decals, I still have some left for sale. We ordered these based on peoples interest. The run was so busy, I didnt have time to pass them out. If you attended the Summer Run and would like a decal, they are $4 each mailed to your door. Lets help Ken recoup his money. Send me an email for details. npickett@toast.net

Now, for our Midwest Spring K5 Thing 2002, I hope to get sponsors to donate the printing services. I like to have events which are free for everyone (except for your travel expenses and lodging). We are leaning toward the May date at this time, and will probably contact our friends at Fourwheeler to nail down the date.

About Magazine Coverage

How many K5 runs have you seen in the Magazines in the past few years? None! This means, we need a good turnout for this event. Lets get our rigs in the Magazines! When we first approached our Magazine contact about this event, he was very interested. Also if you are attending this event and haven't bought a <font color=blue>ColoradoK5.com</font color=blue> windshield decal - Get one! Steve likes the publicity, it helps make this site bigger and better all the time.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

10. Predator

Predator 1/2 ton status

Count me in!!!

My K5 Buildup: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/gettin_deep>http://www.geocities.com/gettin_deep</a>

11. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey...yer alive!! You just happen to have the pics from the Fall Run done yet....
    Don't know if I will try Disney....not a rock crawler, more a mudder and breaker!!
    Laters

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

12. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I should be able to head that way. Also, if the weather is nice or we get crazy we could hit the lake!!

Jeff, Tim, neil, steve, and KC guys talk to me before getting a any loging.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by WakeBoard&4X4er on 12/03/01 04:52 PM.</FONT></P>

13. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Late May would be good for me cause school will be out. I had a blast last Spring Thing and am ready for another!!!!!

14. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Count me in!!!!!

Keep it simple <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/album71>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/album71</a>

15. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Ill be there most likely no matter what it takes.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

16. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I would like it if the trip was NOT the 2nd or 3 weekend if may. That is the Wichita River Fest and i will be playing in a hockey turnament.