Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Spring K5 Thing - Disney Oklahoma - UPDATEI More GOOD NEWS!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Mark your calendars! The Midwest Spring K5 Thing is going to Disney Oklahoma - March 23 -24, 2002. We have Fourwheeler Coverage! Get your Rig in the Magazine! I will start setting up this event soon, with a sign up page and stuff. I am planning to get Vendors to donate prizes. We will have Decals.

So, lets see how many of you are ready to Rock Disney!

I will be starting an email list real soon so we can stay in touch. Keep checking my site in the next few weeks for updates.

I would like to have everyone who attends - please wear the ColoradoK5.com decal somewhere on your rig or body! We can help ColoradoK5 by doing this, so order your decals and T-Shirts! Do any of you know people willing to donate free stuff for prizes? I have a bunch of contacts, but could always use more. I would assume the best advertisement would be a large banner or decal posted on the side of your rig.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

2. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Re: Midwest Spring K5 Thing - Disney Oklahoma - Fourwheeler Magazine Coverage!!

I'll see if I can get my 84 put back together. I would really like to attend. If there is anything i can do to help let me know!

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Congrats on getting the coverage dude. How did you swing that?

I would love to go, but dont think the K5 would be up for the ride up there and back.

Depdog

<font color=blue>Weenie K5, little mods' Small Tires!</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com>depdogsk5.coloradok5.com</a>

4. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Am I aloud to tag along in my p/u again or is this a Blazer only run?[​IMG][​IMG]

Chad
    '73 Blazer,383,400,Atlas II,D60/14 Bolt,traclok/detroit,39.5 Swamps <a target="_blank" href=http://members.aol.com/fileholder2meg/projblazer.html>Clicky</a>

5. Mudzer

Depdog,

I have made a few acquaintences during the past year or so. I have to pay this respect totally to this site. I met some really cool people on this site at some of the events I have hosted in the past. One of those guys is Steve Frisbie, who had the Cover of Fourwheeler in Sept 2001. Steve and I went to Indy this year and Steve Introduced me to Ken Brubaker of Fourwheeler.

Chad,

Of course you are invited. Ken will be taking photos, so I hope he takes pics of all.

<font color=red>UPDATE!!!</font color=red>Everyone,

Just got off the phone with Ken Brubaker - he will definatly promote this site. He said he would mention any of the vendors who donated prizes. This is great news! There will be only one day of Fourwheeler Coverage - Saturday. Mr. Brubaker has a very busy schedule.

A word about Ken Brubaker. I really dig his writing style and photo ability. In talking to him, he mentioned he "Used to be a 'wheeler" and got into Photo journalism. His writing style is very "down to earth" - which is the way "we" are on this site. Im positive he will do a great job at portraying our sport.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

6. speed_deed

AWESOME!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

You've got mail [​IMG]

If you know anybody who can help with plumbing btw, I've got to the bathroom in the house before the wife will let me go. [​IMG]

Kyle
    89K5

8. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Awesome job man! I will have to come down with ken and layne at minimum and hopefully have my truck ready by then.

Chris

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM![​IMG]

9. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Sounds Great!!. I will be there for sure. Let me know when you are planning it all. Are you going to stay at the same place that you did last year?

91 K5 and 73 Cobalt http://brettmcox.rockcrawler.com

10. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

<font color=orange>Awesome!!! I'm going to get working on my truck right now!</font color=orange>[​IMG]

<font color=orange>SEAN<font color=orange>

[​IMG]<font color=orange>79 K20(duh) D44, FF 14bolt, built 350,TH350,NP203,9"lift</font color=orange>[​IMG]

11. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I am definetly there and looking forward to it.
    Let me know if you need help with anything.

12. Mudzer

Brett,

I called Rogers Cabins and have reserved the only cabin they have left. It is a two bedroom unit. I think I will contact another place in Langley and get a hotel. Where do you stay when you go to the Lake? Any info is greatly appreciated. Glad you are going to be there.

I would assume either Rogers Cabins or Russ Hogans will be our meeting spot. I will call Russ and see if he would allow us to hold our prize giveaway there. Russ owns a Uni Mog and knows his way around.

I have asked Steve Sharp to be our Guide for the weekend and he gladly accepted. Steve is the owner of the Yellow and Black 2.5 ton 72 Blazer - bobbed. He and his wife Deena are planning to attend. The ball is rolling guys, hope we get more. How about you Texans????? Its not that far!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

13. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Well, when I go I stay at our lake house, which is about 30mins north of the dam. I know there are some places to stay in that area. Might looking in Langly or the other town right there can’t think of the name, some Mexican name. Here is a WWW sight for any looking for a place to stay http://www.virtualgrandlake.com/new.html if you call them ask how far is the GRDA dam from the place. I am hopping that I can make the trip, however my wife’s family is coming to KC that weekend.
    Let me know if i can help at all

91 K5 and 73 Cobalt http://brettmcox.rockcrawler.com

14. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

There's a hotel in Ketchum that I've stayed at a few times that isn't bad. I can't think of the name though. Just call information and ask for a hotel in Ketchum. Ketchum's about 5-10 minutes from Disney.

Chad
    '73 Blazer,383,400,Atlas II,D60/14 Bolt,traclok/detroit,39.5 Swamps <a target="_blank" href=http://members.aol.com/fileholder2meg/projblazer.html>Clicky</a>

15. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

When we did the prerun last year Neil, Layne and I stayed in Ketchum.

72 Blazer 400TPI NV4500 NP203/205, 6 bolt FF14
    01 Suburban 8100 2500 4X4

16. speed_deed

If I come it will be my first time. What will the run contain of mostly? Will it be rocks, mud or what? I just want to know so if I come I can heve the '84 set up right.

17. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Neil-

If you can get me hooked up with a set of gears as previously discussed [​IMG], I would love to be present for this trip. Looked around on the web a bit, and it looks like there is nothing but challenging obstacles in Disney! [​IMG] What armor would you consider required? I don't have beadlocks either...

Hell, I will try anything once! Let me know what I have to do to get in for this event. And see what you can do on those gears for me...

Thanks Neil!

-Dan

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

18. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

There is something at Disney for just about everyone. We had a stock K5 at the summer run that went a lot of places with helpful spotting. There are some timber trails, some are verrrry steep and loose, but best of all lots o rocks.

<font color=green>Steve Frisbie</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mo-offroad.com>www.mo-offroad.com</a>

19. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Steve, on that note (the ROCKS) I guess I'd better send you the $$ for the D60 cover huh? [​IMG][​IMG] Thanks man!

-Dan

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

20. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Dude that is awesome, send Ken an email and send em my way to take some shots of Tellico.

Its 800 miles from my house to Disney, dont think I will make it.

Gas alone would Kill me.

Depdog

<font color=blue>Weenie K5, little mods' Small Tires!</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com>depdogsk5.coloradok5.com</a>