Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Spring K5 Thing - Disney Pics and Videos - UPDATE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have uploaded a ton of photos on my webshots page.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/mudzer/1>Midwest Spring K5 Thing pics</a>

Check out the Midwest Spring K5 Thing 2002 folders. If anyone has photos in jpg format and would like to have them added to my webshots, let me know.

I have video of this event and would like to compile all the videos taken that weekend. If you attended and have video footage and would like to add it to the compiled version, please email me npickett@toast.net

I spoke to Ken Brubaker and he said the photos he took turned out great. He is starting on the writeup soon. As he mentioned, we are looking at possibly the August or September 2002 issue of Fourwheeler.

I also have some other things to do. I did not receive the prizes from <font color=green>Offroad Design</font color=green> till after I left for Disney. We gave away the Steering Box brace prize to SkulZnbonZ, but I still have about 12 (need to count for sure) Offroad Design decals in large and small to give away. I still have everyone's names and will put them in the hat and draw for these decals. I will post the winners on this forum. I will then need you to contact me with your mailing address so I can mail the decals to you.

2. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: Midwest Spring K5 Thing - Disney Pics and Videos

Thanks for the update Neil.
    Ross

3. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Awesome!! Wish I could have made it.

4. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Nice pictures. You can't even tell that the paint on my half doors doesn't match the truck... A great time was had by all. Thanks Neil for putting it together!

5. Mudzer

Brubaker called and said we get a 4 page writeup!!! This is awesome. He said they pushed for the writeup to be in the August issue of Fourwheeler. Just thought I would pass this along.

I am compiling the vendor prize information for Ken at the moment. I forgot who won the Superlift Shocks gift certificate. Do any of you remember who won this prize?

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

GREAT NEWS!!!

Nice pics Neil, I look forward to the next run.

7. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Sweet! awsome job setting this whole thing up. I'll go any time!

Chris

8. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Mudzer,
    I don't remember the guys name but wasn't he standing to your left with his daughter during the drawing? Maybe that doesn't help any... nevermind.

9. Mudzer

I think you are right Chad. I believe it was Jeremy Milam.

Thanks

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Or it ws brett cox?!? LOL

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

WTF is that green jeep looking thing with the the wing on top?

12. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That thing was awesome!!! I believe it was custom built by Russ Hogan. Correct me if I am wrong but I think it has Uni-mog axles, a Mazda rotary engine and the rest is Russ' crazy invention. He told my dad that his main goal was to get it as light as he possibly could. I wish somebody has the video of him, its wild.

13. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

It's a thing alright. Rotary engine mated to unimog everything else inc. front and rear steer. Russ beat it to death and it kept going. Climbed everything I saw russ point it at. You have to see it in person to fully grasp what it is.

14. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

"Uni-mog axles, a Mazda rotary engine and the rest is Russ' crazy invention" is right. Some of talked to him and the idea was to go as light as possable. The "Green Hornet" has 4 wheel steering w/ two from Uni-mog axles and BAD ASS! I do not recall but there is somthing kool about the carb that is on it as well. I think that is was put on with some parts flipped over. But not 100% on that info.

15. Mudzer

Russ Hogan owns the Green Hornet. It is definately a wild ride. He also owns a complete Uni Mog which will go anywhere as well. Russ has an ORV Campground in Disney and was very helpful (as always) in getting rigs fixed up and with letting us meet at his place.

I watched some killer video of the run and Russ is definately not afraid to drive it. Its kinda funny seeing a guy in his late 50's wheeling the crap out of a purpose built vehicle. His purpose - "To go anywhere on gas fumes". He is one heck of a guy.