Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Spring K5 Thing - UPDATES!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Dec 7, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I am looking at the calendar and the only long weekend I see in the spring is Memorial Day. Would you guys and gals like to have the Missouri K5 run on that weekend? This would allow us to meet on Friday afternoon or evening, then go wheeling two whole days (Saturday and Sunday) then you can use the extra day to drive back home. This would require most of you to take Friday the 25th off work to be in Missouri by noon or afternoon. It would be nice to meet either in St. Louis or surrounding area depending on where you are coming from, then go set up camp and shoot the breeze all afternoon. We could also get some afternoon wheeling at the hot spots.

I am compiling information and will start a webpage soon. My plan is to pick a date, create a website, then call local and not-so local vendors for prize donations. I can then show the participation via the website in order to get some good prizes. So far, I have picked some local vendors to call:

BigFoot 4x4, 1st Capitol 4x4, Fantacy Coachworks, Scorpion Performance, Swamps 4x4, Wal-Mart, Wise Speed Shop

Distant Vendors to call are:

4 Wheel Parts, National Tire and Wheel, Superlift, Offroad Design

<font color=red>VENDORS</font color=red> If you would like to be added to the list of vendors donating prizes, contact Neil Pickett at neilmarietta@toast.net Your name and contact info will be posted on the website. I am looking for tasteful prizes to donate, nothing extravagant.

I will print documentation on our intentions for Vendors and start mailing out letters. I am hoping to have lots of prizes for our Run. I am also hoping to have lots of attendees. So, mark your calendars and give me your input. Lets get this "Thing" planned.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

2. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

Re: Midwest Spring K5 Thing - Lets pick a date!

That sounds sweet that will give me time to get back to Colorado. Looks like you know what your doing and will be a blast i've never been to Missouri

[​IMG] SMP

3. Nike

Nike Registered Member

Neil - That date works for me. Keep me in mind to give a hand on the set-up stuff. Thanks Nike

Blue

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Works good for me

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

5. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

We tried our Telico 2000 trip on a Memorial Day and it was packed out. No room to camp. If you have a place with less traffic maybe it would be better. We had 100's of ATV's and rails everywhere. Not that I don't like them it just made things crowded. I will have the motor in and that looks to be about 8 hours for me. I would like to come up. Can you give me a better idea of where the run will be in Missouri.

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56 http://www.keith.coloradok5.com

6. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I would have loved to go but I will be getting married that weekend. And ’73 K5 will not be able to go to because he will be in the wedding. But if you have it on a different date I might be able to go, if the wife/gf lets me(LOL).

7. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

DOH,......Thats the week ill be fishing in Canada *&@#$%!!!!
    I had the wife on board too. Well ill be there in spirit anyways. If the date changes count me in!!!!

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

8. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Sheesh, I got all excited there for a minute... Missouri is mid west?? I had to look on the atlas to see where it was, and its way farther east then I will be able to go. Oh well, one of these years I suppose! :)
    Hey bigmeats where in Canada you fishing?
    Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

9. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Thumper

We drive into Red Lake, Ontario to an outfitter called Viking Outpost http://www.vikingoutpost.com. From there they fly us about an hour north to to the cabin on Lake Orono. we have to whole lake to our selves for a week. Ther are only 2 kinds of fish there northerns and walleyes. We regularly pull out 35 to 40 inch northerns. And the wallys are plentafull. Its as close to heaven you can get here on earth. There are liike 3 or 4 portages you can go on so i think there are a total of 5 lakes we have access to. Two years ago me and my buddy found a new lake to fish it hadent been fished in like 20 years. talk about some great action! Wish i could bring my Blazer(now its k5 related [​IMG]). Ahhhhhhh i could go on and on and on........

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

10. Mudzer

Hey Guys - this is still in planning...

I am posting this to figure out a date for the event. Lets all agree on a weekend in the Spring. Sounds like Memorial Day is not an option. I want to get as many of you together as possible. If I pick Memorial day, that eliminates 3 or 4 attendees - and thats not good! Lets try another weekend. Give me some suggestions. I will keep any weekend open for the run. I just wanted to pick a long weekend for everybody but lets see what else is available...

How about March 30 - Through April 1. April Fools K5 run....

We could all be playing pranks on each other, plus we would gain an hour of daylight with DST on the 1st of April. We need to decide soon so I can post the link to the signup sheet on my site. If there are people who know they will attend, regardless of when we pick, please visit my site and sign up! I want to decide on a date soon so I can start contacting Vendors.

Thanks All for checking this out!!!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

11. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Re: Hey Guys - this is still in planning...

The only times that are out for me are the last weekend of each month, as that's when work does month end stuf and I have to stay dialed in and working. The weeked on of 3/30 in close to when the Moab thing is so a bit later would be better I think for getting the guys from ORD or such there.

Ken

12. Mudzer

Please visit my website to sign up for this run! I know, we have not picked a date and its hard to sign up without a date, but I hope to get something planned in the next few days. Guys, give me your input on when you can be there, we will then all pick a weekend which is good for everyone!

Thanks, and I cant wait to go wheeling with you all!

http://www.mudzer.coloradok5.com/Spring_run.htm

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

13. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Re: Sign Up website is up!

How would you rate the trails? If there are some very difficult trails then I would probably make the trip. If they are easy to moderate I dont think I would drive 700 miles for it. Do you have any pics of them, cause there are alot of us in Colorado and seeing the trails would help to decide whether or not to go.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

14. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Sounds like fun!! No plans in the spring. So any weekend would work for me. How difficult would you rate the trails? My Blazer is mostly stock running 31's, wouldn't want to show up and be unable to tackle any trails. Keep us posted
    - Jay

15. Mudzer

Butch and Grtwhite,

I would classify the trails as easy. We have some obsticles along the trails wich are as hard as they come. Many of the obsticles have never been "beat" by the Jeep guys around here. I tried one particular hill and could not make it either. Most of the trails are comparable to Tellico or Attica - through the woods with deep muddy ruts in places. Usually the deep mud can be gone around. We have miles of power line trails, woods trails, and rocky hill climbs. This experience can be had by all. We have from easy to extreme. Keep checking my website and I will have more pics posted.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

16. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply Mudzer. Once a date is set I'm gonna due my best to make it there. Not many places to go wheeling where I live, looking forward to a long weekend of fun & 4 wheeling.

17. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This sounds like something I could do....what is a requirement? I am BONE STOCK. Can I do it without blowing the crap out of everything? I got some Bridgestone Duelers on now...I don't know how good they are...but I am thinking about taking them back and getting BF Goodrich MTs. Any ideas?

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

18. Mudzer

Potosi Pictures

I have uploaded some pictures of Mark Twain National Forest - Potosi District. View the pics at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1393671&a=10406189

Be sure and check this pic site often because I am still loading a bunch of pics. These are the hotspots. If you have a stock rig, these trails are do-able. If you have a built rig, you will also have fun (who would not have fun wheeling anyway?). I have several places here in Potosi where it would challenge the most equipped rig! I will also be updating my site with more information so check it out too. I have created a sign up page for those of you who know you will attend regardless of the date. WE NEED TO DECIDE!!!! Could all interested, please post a date in mind. Those who could attend regardless of the date, respond as well. I would like to choose between March and May. Check out my site http://www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

19. Mudzer

Here is a date!!!

How about March 23rd through the 25th? I am trying to pick a date that works with all who have expressed interest. Gimme feedback!!!!

Thanks,

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

20. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Re: Here is a date!!!

That great for me!

Ken