Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Spring K5 Thing

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Mudzer, Dec 14, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Tenatively planning the MWSK5T run for March 24-25. I have contacted vendors for door prizes and have gotten some great feedback. We will have some nice prizes to give away to all people attending. Check my website for updates as well as this message thread. http://www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com/spring_run.htm

Get signed up!!!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

2. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Just signed Up! Looking forward to a good time. Thanks for all the hard work organizing the event! Let me know if there's anything you need. - J

3. Mudzer

Whew!

Back from Holiday vacation. Thanks for signing up. I am getting some things done for the run. I am hoping to get some stickers made for this event for each of the participants. I have also completed the event brochure and vendor letters and I am sending them out asap. I will also be putting packages together for the entrants soon; I want to wait till I get more vendor feedback before sending out packets to the entrants. This will be a blast!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

4. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

is March 24-25 the set date for sure? Cant wait!
    PS cant see the pic under your user name
    Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by bigmeats on 01/01/01 08:31 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. Mudzer

Yes, I could not get the pic to work under my username for some reason. Anyway, The date is definately 24 -25, actually it is the 23rd too if you count meeting and camping that night. I have sent out packets to vendors and have had some real good feedback. So far Superlift is the big donating vendor, but I cant say what it is yet.

Im really excited about having this run. Any of you Missouri boys want to plan a pre-run? I need to install my gears, then I'm game.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I would but its going to be tight for me as it is I need to change the springs out clean or get new injector plus work out the bug for the tow bar.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

7. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I could not get the flyer to download correctly is this just me?
    What kind of weather will we see at the end of march?
    Im like a little kid waiting for x-mass
    If there is anything i can do to help just let me know!
    thanks Neil!!

Bigmeats

8. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

It opens for me, take;'s a few to do so

Ken

9. Mudzer

Seems to work fine. About the weather - the normal highs will be around 60-65 could be warmer or colder the lows are 40-50. So, it will be a little chilly camping if you dont have a sleeping bag. It will sure beat being too hot!! That weather will feel like summer compared to winter.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

10. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Mudzer sorry to bother u again.
    Just woundering if the campsites had ele hookup or not?

Bigmeats

11. Mudzer

I just drove to the Campground on Sunday. Heres the skibby...

It has no electric, no water. But it does have a stream nearby to wash pans and such. It has two toilets that are non-flushing - they are not too bad actually! This is a primitive camping site so they dont have all the ammenities. Now, if everyone would like to camp at another campground, I could look into one that may have more available options like water, elec and others. This may come in handy for those late night trail fixes! There are a few camgrounds and here is a link to two that would be pretty close:

Council Bluff:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/recreation/camping/camp_red_bluff.htm

Hazel Creek:
    http://www.gorp.com/dow/eastern/mtwcmp.htm#hazel creek

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

12. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

verry cool, what ever u decide about the campground is ok with me. I convinced the wife to camp. So if we have ele ill bring a small heater for her. Any thing to make her happy!!

Bigmeats

13. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Guess I just do like Moab and fill the water jugs ( 4 at 7.5 Gal Each)I do bring a small Honda Gen that will almost run my grinder. And will run Lights easy! A place to shower would be nice but we can/will get by. How about a pot luck denner friday night?

Ken

14. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Hey ken,
    I like the idea of the pot luck dinner! I am bringing my turkey deep fryer (30qt pot)and am Planning on deep frying a turkey (20pounder)when down there and there will be plenty to go around. I am also going to bring down some chicken wings(at least the 10 pound bag) and fry up some hot wings. I got the hooters hot wings recipe off the internet and have been perfecting them for a while now. mum mum good![​IMG]

Bigmeats

15. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me the side dishes will have to wati till we get closer. If it warm then potato salid and such works if its cold then hot ones would be better! If its real cold we are sleeping in the burban with the heat!!! My wife does great home made cookes though. I'll have make some up at home!

I dont have any way to cook a large meal or to rewarm some thing large. What can you cook in that cooker other than turky? Maby we could just bring meat and you cook it.

Ken

16. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

My cooker is mainly just a deep fryer or used for boiling H2o But im sure i will have a grill also.
    These are some of the details that im sure will be worked out in the weeks to come. Depending on the amount of people and such. 3or4 grills might be enough to cook all the meals on instead of everyone bringing their own. Different people could be responsibile for different things, Just a thought. Any ways you, and any one else is welcome to anything and all i bring. Its ALL about having FUN! Thanks to mudzer's hard work im sure there will be plenty of that (fun) to go around!
    ]
    Any kids ken? Just woundering if i will have the only one. My son will be 3 the week after the trip. Hoping there will be at least one more so he can have a little play mate.

Bigmeats

17. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I have 2 little girls one who turns 1 that sunday the other wiil be 4 next summer. But both are spending the weekend with grandmother, Though th3 yearold love t 4 wheel,,,,,, in her blue truck!!!

Ken

18. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Mudzer,

I was checking out the campgrounds u gave links to and all of them are closed till after the run takes place. teh search continues!

Bigmeats

19. Mudzer

I will check on this. I know the Hazel Creek campground is open all year. In fact, I called the Forest Service to get the thing reserved for us a while back. I did not complete the reservation, so we still have some options. I will do some more complete checking on this subject. I will also update the site with more info on Camping. Maybe I could find more info, then we could have a poll on which campground we want. On another note, I need to get more people involved in this forum. This way we can plan ahead and not duplicate our efforts - Like, I have a 2 burner Propane Grill, and a Sunbeam grill that I can bring. We dont want to have 10 grilles there, so if we plan ahead, someone will not have to bring the extra grill and will have extra space for other things.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

20. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I had posted the vote idea in the groups room. (for the campsite)there is only one other person in ther so far besides me. Go get in there[​IMG] I will send out anouthe e- mail tomorrow to everyone if i see that they have not joined yet. I really feel that will make life some what easier. Just the ability to copy everyone at one time will save time and effort.

Bigmeats