Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Summer K5 Thing - 2002 planning!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Ok guys and gals, this is going to be a big one! This event will be held in Disney Oklahoma. We have been talking to several new sponsors, and some photographers. If we can get this deal planned well ahead, and have more than 15 Blazers, we can get the best photographer out on the market these days. I talked to this person about magazine coverage and they were very interested. The cool thing, this guy (not revealing his name!) frequents our boards and knows about this site! So, we need to pick a date, perferrably mid to late summer of next year. Lets get it AWN!!!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Where are you thinkin of havin it?

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Oops, Sorry... Disney Oklahoma!!!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I've heard of it and seen pictures. What's it close to?

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Late Spring would be best Summer gets hot down there fast.

6. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Sweeet! count me in... I'll have my axles and eveything in by then! I don't think i'll make in october moneys tight and the truck isn't runnin right!

Chris

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM![​IMG]

7. That sounds great! By next summer I should have the mods to my truck done, so I won't outclassed by some, if not everyone who attends (I'm very sensitive! LMAO). Almost anytime in July or August would work for me, if work doesn't conflict. Set a date and let us know. I'm getting into rockcrawlin' and loving it, I just need more ground clearance!

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!

8. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

YOu know we could plan the spring run as an all CK5 run In April or May. As the main midewest run for the year You cant get much more in the midle of the US then down there. Sounds like Neil can get the run in a Mag. If we could get the Guys from Colorado to come over and the Guys from east cost, It would be a days drive for most and we could get a big turn out. Then we could move the CK5 run to Late summer and have it in Moab were it really should be. That way we could build both runs in to something big and not have to get out in the high summer heat trying to 4 wheel or drive/tow heavy trucks/blazers cross country.

9. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I am sure that I will be able to make it there. If any one has a boat there is a "GRAND LAKE" in that area!!! Great for WAKEBOARDING and do not forget dripping springs!!

10. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

What town in Kansas is this closest to? I'm in Denver and wonderin what the drive would be.

Thanks!!

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs

11. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Its south of I44 about an hour. Find Grand lake around big cabin Ok and lock south. Have to look at what the best route fron denver would be.

12. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

Doesn't matter to me. Hey Neil maybe I will even have my truck done then. HeHe.......Just let me know when.

13. WakeBoard&4X4er

about 12 hrs from you

14. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Lets do it!! Hey Neil the weather in Tulsa, Ok, about and hour south west of Disney as of right now, the highs are in the mid 80's and the lows are in the upper 40's. It's real nice this time of year. Maybe around this time next year or a bit earlier, just letting you know what the weather has been like, but am looking forward to attending again.
    Thanks
    88K5Jimmy

15. WakeBoard&4X4er

I vote for first weekend after labor day. That way it is still warm and less people around.