Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Summer K5 Thing - pre planning

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Mudzer, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Well, the question at hand is - "When and Where?"

Give me some feedback on where you think this event should be. We went to Disney for the Spring K5 Thing, so perhaps somewhere else, like Attica, Potosi, Arkansas (Jeff found a good one), Iowa or Kansas. If you guys know of a good spot, let me know.

I personally was thinking about either Attica or Potosi. Potosi is good for the more milder group (which I think we fit nicely). Attica is a place where you are sure to get damage. For more info on Potosi, check out the Midwest Spring K5 Thing writeup on the Trips page.

I can't keep using the "my truck is not done" excuse, because it's never done! So, lets start planning - summer is nearly over. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Are there any good places in Missouri? There is always the pipeline in Wisconsin too.

Do you have a webiste for wheeling in attica?

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

DISNEY!!!!!!! Why? 'Cuz it's bad a$$$!!! And because it's close to me (3 hours!). Anyhoot, that is my vote!

John

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I vote Potosi or Disney, or some place in Arkansas.

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hmmm... I personally would like to see some new scenery, and something a little closer to home /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ! I would like to vote for Attica or Potosi, but the hill climb is what really scares me at Potosi!!! Not sure I like that obstacle yet... I guess I'd have to see it in person! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I am also going to try to attend the "Huge wheeling event Aug 31-Sept 2" that 85mouse posted up about. There are some pretty challenging looking trails there! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Just my .02

-Dan /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Mudzer

You are talking about the "Wall" at Potosi. Its a pretty good little climb. Remember, SK_15 made it in a stock K5 up the easy line. The easy line is still one heck of a pucker factor. You should see the video from the Spring K5 Thing 2001! Several of us tried real hard to roll a K5. Layne nearly accomplished it. I too would like to do Potosi, I havent been there in nearly a year.

7. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I'd really like to try and get you guys down here next year for a run at the orvpark . We could break it up depending on how many showed, so everyone could try trails that they wanted, but lockers would be mandatory on some of the harder trails. And body damage would also be guaranteed for some of the harder trails. My blazer won't be in any kind of condition to make the rest of the runs this year, but next year, I'll be ready for sure....

Neil, let me know if you want to plan something for next year.

BIGJ

8. Mudzer

Jeff,

I will definately keep you posted as to any future runs. What ever happened to Clints buildup? Also, whats going on with your rig since you cant make it?

later,

Neil

9. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Clint is still broke, but working on it slowly. He is on track to finish his blazer in about 3 years /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I need new tires, and a trailer, and to finish rounding up parts for a doubler. The tires on it now don't have much tread left. If I had new tires, I could possibly make a run this year. Maybe I can get some before october, but I doubt it. Most of the money is being saved to build a house and buy a few acres.... I gotta have some room and a bigger shop, so the vehicle stuff is on hold for now.

But, next year is lookin' real good for "automotive expenses" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

BIGJ

10. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I think its only fair that we have at least one run in Attica seeing as how the last summer K5 thing was in Oklahoma, that way some more illinois and Indiana guys can make it. As far as when to have it, Im up for anything, but preferably later in the summer when its not as hot.

11. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

If we do the summer run in OK, we can all hit the lake. i have 2 boats there and one waverunner. I am sure we could get some other boats. I would like to see Layne Oberto on some Skis. HAHA. Just an idea.

12. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I would buy the boat gas to see Layne out on the water!

13. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

PARTY AT BRETT'S HOUSE ....name the time. That lake is beautiful and just begs for us to take advantage of before it gets cool.

14. Mudzer

Id buck up to see Layne in skibbies and on skis! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Thats just plain funny! Thanks for the invite Brett.

15. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Where is Potosi? I'd really like to see Disney Oklahoma though.. seem's like a good midway meeting point.
    Neil.. can't wait to attend either way..

16. Mudzer

Potosi is 1.5 hours south of St. Louis off of Hwy 21. Check out mapblast or something to estimate mileage. Glad you will attend when we have a run.

17. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you have a big enough boat and long enough skis and a really big body of water, I might be able to get up on skis. Its been 2 years since I have been on skis or a kneeboard. Not sure if I can even ride a knee board after the knee surgery. But hey I would try skis.
    Layne

18. Mudzer

Hey Layne, isnt Knee Surgery supposed to Fix the problem? If Layne is skiing, I get to drive the boat!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

19. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

If Layne gets on the water I'm getting photos

20. Mudzer

Okay guys,

Give me some dates you have open. This event will not have sponsors. I will only do that once a year. We may have decals made depending on the time constraints and amount of people interested.

I will be open for wheeling anytime after this month. I would like to keep the week of the Blazer Bash open because I may be going. I will also be attending the Knoxville Ia run on Labor Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.