Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Midwest Summer K5 Thing - September 13-15, 2002 head count

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Mudzer, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Guys, lets get a head count for the Midwest Summer K5 Thing run in Attica - September 13-15, 2002. We have a little over a month to plan for this. Also, please let me know here if you need a summer decal so I can get them ordered. They will cost you roughly $4 each.

I have a ton to do, including moving into a new home so bear with me! See you on the trails.

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I'm there!

-Dan

3. KRAZIE87K5

Message from blueblazer62:
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Could you do me a favor and put a post on the midwest forum telling Neil that Ill be at Attica too. Thanks. BTW, I just signed up for membership yesterday, just waiting to be activated.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Dan

4. Mudzer

Cool,

I am 99% sure Todd will be there and possibly some others. Cant wait to wheel. Of course, I havent even started on my doubler. Nothing like waiting till last minute! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I'll be there!

6. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Depends on how the tranny works and how much BS they put in the warranty since my plates read "OFFRDK5"?! They said any offroading and the warranty goes out the window. But have they considered how hard driving through town is on a tranny and suspension?

7. KRAZIE87K5

Neil-

You need any help getting ready for the trip to Attica? Planning? Reservations? Wrenching? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Let me know!

-Dan

8. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Hey Krazy, how far is Attica from you? Trying to decide if i would be able to go. I want to make a run with you guys, but i think my truck is too stock to run the trails at attica /forums/images/icons/confused.gif .

9. KRAZIE87K5

TOO STOCK - HA! I've got a buddy who wants to come along in his stock 4cyl. Jeep w/31's. I've heard from many people that there is something for everyone at Attica. I'd say to come out, and give it a shot. I'm sure you'll find something to keep yourself busy with! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif If not, you can have a seat in my rig, and come with me! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Dan

10. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I thought Id formally reply on here now that Im a member. Ill be there for sure, anybody coming through Peoria on I-74? If so I can meet with you and caravan there.

11. Mudzer

Dan,

I am pretty sure the only thing I need to do at this point is order some decals from Jeff Lyons. I will try to do so this week. I am still away from my computer so I can't update my website at this time. You would not believe all the problems with our home purchase now. Lets just say we have hired an Attorney. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif So, I havent even begun my Doubler install. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

So, hopefully we get moved real soon so I can quit staying at my Sisters home. Then, I can get to work on the K5. It WILL be done before the run.

Tyler, its good to see you aboard! See you there!

All others, this run should be a good beginner type run. We will hit the hardcore trails, but will also play around the milder areas of the park. I need to test my doubler so Bring AWN that Orange Trail!

I already made Reservations at Apple Tree B&amp;B in Attica. Im gonna be dippin in the Jacuzzi after the runs...

Bow Chicka Bow Bow... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

12. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Oh Tyler, I'm so proud of your offically joining our little K5 group thingy.......j/k!
    Hope to see ya there man....can't wait to wheel (and party) again.

Neil, I remember that:
    <font color="red">"Bow chicka bow bow'</font color>.........that's fawkin' hilarious.

13. Mudzer

Yes Todd, That will be forever etched into my mind. It was hilarious. Only those who attended the night run at Disney with CB in hand can "Get" that one!

14. KRAZIE87K5

Someone will have to fill us in on that little "inside secret!"

So, thus far the following peeps have joined up for the summer run:

KRAZIE87K5
    MUDZER
    THEBIGDADDYOF2
    BLUEBLAZER62
    K5DRAGER
    SK-15
    NOFEARTRUCKIN00

Who else is out there? We should be able to get together more than seven people... WE HAD 20 SOMETHING TRUCKS @ the sping run!??? Where did everyone go? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Dan

15. BlueBlazer

What about Shaggy (not the one on CK5) or Bob Engelbach or the guys from Chicago (Carl Fiocca and Bryan Walsh). Havent seen them on here for ages, maybe we ought to try and get a hold of them. Im sure there are a few more than can go.

16. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

OK I will be able to make it! In a 2001 geo metro /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif. I am going to rent a car and wheel with dan. I have a digital camera and a camcorder Ill bring so you all can wheel and Ill take the action shots /forums/images/icons/cool.gif. I need to drive across Illinois so if anyone wants to hitch a ride with me or if you all are planning on meeting somewhere let me know. Where is everyone staying/camping?
    Brent

17. BlueBlazer

I think Bloomington,IL would be a good place for all to meet. It is where I 55 and I74 meet. Anyone coming from the northwest will come down 74 and most of the Missouri guys will be coming up 55. What do y'all think?

18. Mudzer

I will get ahold of Bob Engelbach and Howard. Howard just built a 1 ton Scrambler which is a cool rig. Its all GM besides the aftermarket Scrambler body!

I havent heard from Bryan or Carl. I am away from my home computer which has the email addresses and stuff. I hope to get my computer setup real soon and get more contacts. Really, a group of 10-15 would be perfect for Attica.

Cant wait to get things done!

19. KRAZIE87K5

Neil-

If you can give me a few days notice, maybe I can cruise out to you to help wrench on the doubler... that is unless you already have a garage full of volunteers! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-Dan

20. Mudzer

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it. Heres what the deal is... I am still in limbo about our house and moving. This weekend is busy so I can't work on it. Another thing is, Pam's Dad is building a nice shop close to our house. He said I could work in there so I may start the doubler swap in there. I will probably do the 4.56 gear swap (total axle swap) at Frisbies possibly Labor Day weekend. My plans have changed with the wind lately! First, I was doing the doubler install at Todds, then at Frisbies (still a possibility - time permitting) and now I am considering doing it at the new shop. Frisbie is busy with the 3 link setup and will be going to Blazer Bash so I would have to wait till he gets back before starting. Not sure if I want to wait that long. So, loooong story short - I will probably get started in a week depending on construction of the shop. I will keep you posted.

Later,

Neil