Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

might be driving a different kind of rig soon...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Jan 13, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

just got a call from Loomis Fargo about an application I filled out to be a armored car driver/guard. In the long term architecture will always be the goal, but if I cant get in that field right now this could work for me for a while. Bottom line is that I need a damn job! Anyway, going to fill out some paperwork and get some more info and crap on friday, we'll see how it goes. I kinda always wanted to be a armored car guard guy and they seem to dig my military experience...

[​IMG]

j

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

cool good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hmm....................

Work for them for a couple of years.

One word of advice, DTA!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest jobs are done from the inside.

Last I heard, the vault supervisor and his piece of ass that was working with him while I was there were guests of the federal government. $12 million embezzled /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

It wasn't too bad. Even though I was stuck driving through the better parts of the Gay Bay; Oaktown (E. 14th Baby /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif), Richmond, Pittsburg, also spent a lot of time on the road and saw parts of the area that I would never had seen otherwise. Spent more time watching out for the idiotic drivers.

Only fringe benefit besides learning just how much the Teamsters suck ass is I got four free Van Halen tickets from one of the ticket outlets one day.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats and good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

If you want the job there are just two things you have to do. <font color="white">.
    . </font>

Pull up your pants and get a hair cut ya dang hippy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    If you want the job there are just two things you have to do....

Pull up your pants and get a hair cut ya dang hippy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!!! very funny! i will be getting the doo trimmed before friday and I doubt I'll be wearing my ghetto low rider jeans shorts either. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif thanks for the advice and encouragement guys... not my field of choice but i do getta pack heat... drive a beastly truck... and carry loads of money. Most importantly though, I'd have a dang pay check again! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

7. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

Hey ,That truck looks kinda like a blazer !!!You should be O.K .If peoples dont like it,it has gun holes in the sides !!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifGood luck on your new adventure !!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Autocad[autodesk] is about 30 mins from here on US 101 !! didnt your info say something about shoepolish ?? Stinkys grandfather started that company !!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    not my field of choice but i do getta pack heat... drive a beastly truck... and carry loads of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is straight up high dawg pimping.

Now if you do get hired, there's one goal you must achieve.

Bubba's Top Speed in a Loomis Truck:85 mph /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. jekbrown

lol!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

btw bubba, since u worked there and you should know... whats the training like? how about the process of getting hired? i mean, they asked about my credit situation on the phone... and Ive had a few late credit card payments and crap is that gonna be a problem? Im picking up my DMV driving record today, hopefully it doesnt look toooo bad. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Anyway, whats the deal with the training?

j

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    btw bubba, since u worked there and you should know... whats the training like?

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you funny guy. Training at Loomis? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously though, that was just from my experience at my shop. I had to go in three times before I started. Interview, psych and driving test with one of the old stick shifts. Not hard, took about two weeks and I was hired about two months after sending the my resume.

The training though was non-exhistant and that was my shop. For the gun stuff, they gave you the number of some old boy who would just pencil whip the paperwork and send it to Sac. Only two guys in my shop that I know of, me and another guy, actually went to someone else to get tested both on paper and on the range just the CYA ourselves. I have heard of some shops that would pay the employees for their time out on the range, ours didn't; hence no one ever went to the range (I went about every quarter).

All in all, my shop sucked ass big time. It was a Teamster shop, so getting anything good like training was like voting for a liberal, pure pain.

Not really surprised that they asked about credit, but then again, don't think they ever checked mine out since I did get hired. I think after all the hits they've taken over the last 5-6 years with the inside jobs ($2mil, $7mil, $13mil and another big hit that I know of) Loomis probably tightened the noose a little about backgrounds.

I didn't have any problems with most of the employees, mostly military at one point or another, some retired, couple retired cops; outside of the management sucking, it was a good place to work.

11. jekbrown

wacky but not tooo surprising. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif At any rate, paid or not I'd like to go to the range atleast once a month. I dig shooting and the only reason I dont do it more now is I dont have too much $ to spend on range visits and ammo etc.

I hear what you're saying about teamsters etc... I'm not a big fan of big labor unions in general... something about taking peoples money and endorsing/financially supporting politicians that the union members might not support really pisses me off.

at any rate, thanks for the heads up. The backround check seems like it'll be pretty extensive... DMV records, credit checks, psyche tests, criminal records, and I guess they are even gonna talk to some various non-employer references for opinions on my character or whatever. Anyway, they said they wanted peeps with former military experience... and I did lots of related stuff in the military (lots of perimeter security in GTMO, HMMWV driver, hostage rescure security element, infantry yada yada) so I oughta be ok. Guess we'll see...

j

12. jekbrown

doh! guess I passed the backround check and credit check... got a call today and my interview is at noon on wednesday. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif hope this works out, i neeeeed a job!

j

13. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Very cool /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... not my field of choice but i do getta pack heat...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you get to bring your own or do they issue you something? If either, what?

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... not my field of choice but i do getta pack heat...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you get to bring your own or do they issue you something? If either, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that they give you a revolver to work for Dunbar but you can carry what you want, most carry Glocks.

16. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. jekbrown

i have a Glock 17 (newer one with the acc rail) of my own, and if its allowed I'd rather carry it than any wheel gun. Armored car heisters are prolly gonna be packin serious heat, and I wanna be able to lay down some covering fire... not shoot 6 times and hear a "click!" on the 7th. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    i have a Glock 17 (newer one with the acc rail) of my own, and if its allowed I'd rather carry it than any wheel gun. Armored car heisters are prolly gonna be packin serious heat, and I wanna be able to lay down some covering fire... not shoot 6 times and hear a "click!" on the 7th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope ya got a direct line to The Man to save your soul carrying that Glock /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just remember, criminals are more than likely piss poor shots. You on the other hand are a minister of death, praying for way. A professional knuckle dragging combat machine that lives by the mantra of "One Shot, One Kill."

And don't give me the "Peace Through Superior Firepower" line cause I won't believe it as long as you have that Glock /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have always thought of combat Marines as real men...kinda sad to know that all jek can handle is a measly 9 mm.

I personally wouldn't shoot a handgun smaller than .45 at a person unless it was my only option to do that or die.

I'd rather have a .45 that held five rounds than a 9mm that held 30.

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I have always thought of combat Marines as real men...kinda sad to know that all jek can handle is a measly 9 mm.

[/ QUOTE ]

He ain't a real man if he lets a weekend warrior talk about him like that.................

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif