Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

might be getting a free lift..questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Greek, Jun 3, 2006.

1. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

its a 6 inch lift, not sure on any of the specs but Im not sure if Im even getting it at all. was talking to a friend and he said he might be buying a truck with a 6 inch lift and 40's..said i could have the lift if i wanted

my only question is, what will have to be done with steering/ driveshafts. from what i understand is that if i drop tcase ill have to lengthen rear shaft not front, but if i leave tcase in place i need to lengthen front? will i have to do anything with my steering?

was planning on doing a 4 inch to avoid things like this, but hey you cant beat free!

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

1st we need to know the what truck the lift is out of and what its going into.

3. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

he told me it was a blazer like mine, not sure on the year. and the lift will be going on my truck

4. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

anyone? ive tried searching and all i find are threads with "hey found this cool truck with 6 inch lift and blah blah blah" nothing that helps with my situation

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

If the donor truck is road ready and driven now, it should have everything you need. If you can, get the shocks, the lift blocks(if any), steering arm, brakelines and springs(bushings too)....