Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Might be moving to AZ got some ??

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Feb 2, 2004.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

First--Jobs

I should be able to transfer my day job, but i have been working in a fab shop for about a year and a half and know a good amount of skills. I know this a hard market to get into, but if someone knows anything.

secong-- my truck.
    what do i need to basically just drive it to and from trails. I have no trailer or truck to pull it. here in Texas and NM they really dont care as long as its safe. Emissions---i know AZ has some strict emission laws and i don't think it will pass-- (rebuilt 69 motor, no cats) does any one know someone that can "pass" it.

I have family i can stay w/ for a little while in Tuscon, but really would rather stay in the Phx area.

where are the bad places to live so I dont even think about living there. where are the good affordable places to live.

thanks for any help.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

What does your radiator support sticker say? My 83 only needs egr,air,vapor canistor, and cat. looks good and I deleted the miles of hose and only run what is needed to hook up required stuff. The better neighborhoods are on outskirts of town in any direction. I'd move to Mesa , you'd be minutes from lakes to the north , and trails to the east, and freeway to west side for their trails. Avoid an homeowners association neighborhood if you can. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Oh and don't worry about the year of engine, no one looks at numbers on engine if it looks right. Just get cat and free flowing after cat exhaust , make it LOOK right and show up for emmisions at ten to close. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If your sticker says GVW 6200 pounds you don't need cats. I just went through this last Friday for our 76. A breather from one valve cover to the air cleaner and one line from the other valve cover to the base of carbuerator with a pcv valve inline and you're done with emissions stuff. I hope this all made sense. As far as areas in Phx it's basically a crap shoot. We live in a really nice house. Our immediate neighborhood is nice i.e. people walk dogs, kids play in the streets etc. but I've had stuff stolen out of the Blazer and my bro-in-law had a beer bottle thrown through the back window of his camper since we moved to the house in November. So there ya go. What I'd do would be to stay with your family for a bit and drive up this way to find a place. Just my .02 worth. Good luck to y'all and hope to meet ya soon.

Allan

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    second-- my truck.
    what do i need to basically just drive it to and from trails. I have no trailer or truck to pull it. here in Texas and NM they really dont care as long as its safe. Emissions---i know AZ has some strict emission laws and i don't think it will pass-- (rebuilt 69 motor, no cats) does any one know someone that can "pass" it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your truck will have the book thrown at it for emissions. Gonna need cat(s), air injection, evap cannister, EGR, and all that if it came w/ it. May as well start collecting the parts.

Az has a law about mudflaps. They enforce the sh!t out of it too /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. Any lifted truck (not SUV /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) needs mudflaps. They gotta cover the rear view of the tire and be like 8" from the ground. Also make sure you got DOT approved headlights w/ high/low beam. Sometimes if they wanna get nasty, they can also enforce having "side marker" lights, but I've rarely seen that come into play.

If I can help any.... give me a buzz. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Marv

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

They are real cranky about the plate light too.

7. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

dude, Azm is a great place!

as for emmisions...

I am hopfully getting a 83 blazer, so far my plans are to simply..

go to the dmv

provide an address from someone out of county "who does not matter as long as address is vallid, my friend used a store", up north ect

tell the lady at the desk I want to put my 4x4 at the cabbin for when it snows and want to keep it there and register it to that address.

Then ask for paperwork be mailed to your phx home as you are only at the cabin a couple of times a year.

This works like a charm, just did it yesterday to get my friends truck legal his brother is doing this too..again.

or...

buy a few acres of some cheap land...

get water hooked up and build a mud bog..2 in 1 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I am moving to a differt county in a couple of months so it wont matter for me. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

or just swap to a 76 vin, I am shure eyou could buy a parts truck for cheap or at least a vin plat and title /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

as for whee to live, every city will have the dark side to it, I would recommend the east valley or far west.

Gilbert/mesa are about 1/2 hour to and hour from good wheeling, only 1/2 hour or so from lakes, everything is new around here and the people are awsome. Lots of members live in the east valley too, on any givin week I see at least one of them driving around /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

and the best part is the weather /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif