Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Might be selling a few Trans Ams to buy another Trans Am

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Blaze, May 2, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

What would you guys do here. My friend is getting ready to seel him 79 Bandit Trans Am. He doesn't really want to sell it, but he needs the space and said he'd sell it to me for $1000. I really want it, it has the 400/4spd combo, and it is PHS documented. It runs and drives, but needs a lot of body work and the shifter needs to be rebuilt. A friend of mine sold it to him because it was overheating all the time. After my other friend bought it, we found out that there was no water in it! They forgot to put water in it when they replaced the water pump. I'm getting ready to sell this 84 anyway, but I don't have the title. It runs and drives, 78k miles, 305/700R4, needs carpet, headliner, seatcovers, and paintjob. How much do you think I could get for this car? I'll try and get the title if I can, but how much do you think I can get for it without the title? I really don't want to sell my 76, but I will if it means buying this 79 Bandit. Any ideas?

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Your best bet is probably to part the 84. You will probably oonly get 500 bucks for the car complete with no title.

Dan

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

That is what I was thinking. I think I'll try and get the title from the guy tonight. My friend told me that if I want the Bandit TA, it is mine and I can just pay him later. I guess I can hold off on the title till then.

4. creampuff90k5

creampuff90k5 1/2 ton status

My T/A history is a little rusty, but I believe that for '79, the 400ci (or 6.6 liter) motor was relatively rare. Most T/A's came through with the oldsmobile 403 (6.7 liter). The only reason I am mentioning this "liter" crap is because it's stencilled on the hood scoop. Anyway, if it is a real pontiac 400 and not the olds 403, your decision just got a whole lot easier!

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

if you want to get technical in the "liter" crap, the 400 will say "6.6 litre"

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, I know it is a 400 Pontiac. My friend has all the papers on it. It has been documented by Pontiac Historical Services. I can't remember the exact number, but there were under 1000 of these made with the 400/4spd combo. I am definitely going to buy the car, but I'm just debating on whether to go through the hassle of trying to get the title on this 84 or whether to just sell it like it is. Man, I can't wait to get this thing to my house!