Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Might get a 14bff

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MilpitasK5, Oct 22, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I might be able to get this 14bff 4.10 gears great condition no diff cover. $200 a good deal? Drum to drum.

Can someone relocate the spring perches for me if I get it? What else would need to be done? It might have to sit in my backyard for a while. At least until I can get everything else b/c I need to be able to use 4wd for this winter!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Should have come to the Newark Pick and Pull this weekend.They had half off on all parts. Ken and I counted about 4 of them. Ken bought a 14 bolt a couple months ago and paid $163 for it. His was complete. You could have saved some $$$.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Oh yeah...ask Greg about the spring perches. He made his own. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Don't waste your money... Unless you realy like the person.

Go to Pick & Pull in Newark or any other location. They are like Eric said $160 and lower. I got mine with 3:73's and That is what i wanted. The only thing is Be sure to have someone help you (500 lbs or more) and find one from a Later 70's It will bolt right in. And you will most likely get a Cover with it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If not find one at the yard off of a different truck.

Go and scout it out. Look for a truck with ALL the 8lug stuff on it if you can. GOOD LUCK...(the one advantage is that the one you are thinking about getting has 4:10's) so you should really decide...LATER KEN just my .02¢

5. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Right on Eric and Ken. The dude selling the stuff is a pretty cool guy but to be realistic, you guys are right! I need to plan this stuff out. I'll wait b/c there is no way I'd be able to afford the rest of the stuff right now and who knows how soon I will be able to. Rims, tires, D44... I think I do want 4.10's b/c I plan or running 35's.
    Anyway, thanks for the putting my head back on straight! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

do you have the 8 lug conversion parts ready? I would hold off on the entire thing until you have tires, rims, conversion parts, etc.

If you found a line on a D60 or somthing like that, i would jump on it. but something as common as a 14BFF, hell, there were 7 of them at the Milpitas Pick your Part and an Eaton rear end.

JMHO