Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Might have a blazer tommorow, checklist?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stoney126, Feb 18, 2007.

1. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Hey all, going to look at a blazer tomorow. It is said to be an ex-mil blazer. From the description and pics It looks very straight and is said to have no rust.
    And in very much in stock form minus the white paint job.

I know I need to check the frame around the steering box. Maybe pull the fuel filter to get an idea of maintenance? Of course the oil and trans fluid. The magor rust areas are the floorboards, quarters and wheel wells. And condition of the steering components?

What else should I be looking for? Also to clarify I can just get underneath the truck to find out the condition of the floors?

Thanks for the info all, will have pics up tommorow if all goes well.

2. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Are you buying it to wheel? If it is a project car for wheelin you are going to change everything anyways so make sure the expensive stuff is good. Trans and engine.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

check the harmonic balancer. consider bringing a tool to check the glow plugs - the name of the tool escapes me. you'd need a 10mm deep socket/wrench and some kind of electrical tool to check the continuity of the gp's. they are about 8bux a pop, and if even one is bad it makes a noticeable difference on the start-ability of the diesel engine.