Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Might sell one of my K5's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Grim-Reaper, May 19, 2000.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Might sell one of my K5\'s

Ok The gas prices are eating me up and I may have found a good deal on a 2nd Supra for the wife but if we get it 1 Vehicle must go because we can't afford the insurance on 5 vehicles for 2 drivers.
    Dollar (75) is my toy so it stays
    The LeMans is toy 2 it stays
    That leaves my 79 K5.
    It is loaded with PW,PL,AC, intermitant wiper,Cruise.
    It all works (yes even the A/C).
    350, th350, 203, 10/12
    New battery, Tires (5k on BFG AT's), Crate engine (may or may not go with the truck depending on the price I can get but it will be drivable when it goes Motor that would be in if crate comes out will have new main bearings, oil pump and head gaskets with about 70k burns NO oil)with less than 20k on it. Performance built TH350 tranny, Partime 203, 3.73 gears and a locker. Duals with Flow masters and new cats (yes it's emmisions leagle)
    The truck has been gone through from end to end. All axle seals and bearings are in good shape or new. Mechanicly only 2 things need to be done to this truck for ohhh say the next 100k miles. The driveshafts (both) need new splines (roughly $300 for both). And in about 20k it will need new brake shoes and pads.
    Here is the downside. Needs paint and some body work. It has MAJOR trail rash. It also has rust in the driverside rocker and passengerside lower fender lip right behind the rear tire.
    I have well over $7500 in the truck but need about $5,500 for it as it sits beacust of the paint. Now remeber it has under 30k on the entire driveline (except the shafts).
    If somebody wanted me to swap in the old motor that I still have I will come down $1k.
    Axles swaped to 3.08 (still new seals, tie rods. ect) I'll take off $500 and even do a shakle flip in the process (you suply front springs).
    I had planned on keeping this truck for a long while as my wifes daily driver and went through it mechanicly over the past few years. The original plan was to repaint it this year so it looked new. We were also going to swap in 93 or newer front seats and a new dash pad, door pannels and carpet. The interior is in good shape for the age. Carpet is faded but not torn. Dash has cracks at the speaker grill and the door pannels are rough but not horrible. Seats are tear free. Will have no Stereo when sold but may sell Sub woofer (to big to fit in a supra :)
    Would anybody be interested in this truck at that price?

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: Might sell one of my K5\'s

Grim you scared me I thought you were bailin on the 75!
    Sounds like a VERY reasonable price for the rig!
    I still can't get my wife to drive a K5 so can't take it off your hands[​IMG]. Oh well my wife is a city slicker and I'll just have to live with that!
    Good luck Grim!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

3. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

Re: Might sell one of my K5\'s

That sucks! I bought that J**p 2 weeks ago so I'd have something to play with while working on the junker. Wanna swap for an 88 Wrangler? Probably not, it's a gas hog.