Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mighty Mo...check it out!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by southernspeed, Feb 24, 2005.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've seen news real footage of the Missouri from WW2 and on that Steven Seigal film but have just seen this web site www.ussmissouri.com . It's got to be the most awesome warship of all time. Some of the vid footage is incredible. From the demo broadside (totally awesome) to sailing into battle in the gulf..it gets you going! Have a look....they'll never build them like this again.:waytogo:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

some reason the first sentence or two of your post made no sense whatsoever to me. Steven Seigel movie? if so I don't care how good the cinematography is I won't see it. How that man gets movies made anymore is WAY beyond me.

3. southernspeed

It probebly didn't make any sense 'cause I'm English! And putting Seigals' acting prowess aside and his dubious alledge 'company' past....it's a great warship!:grin:

4. southernspeed

It was 'under seige' by the way...Tommy Lee Jones was pretty cool in it tho!:grin:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

damn you british :D I get it now. Interesting website.

6. southernspeed

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You can now walk on it in person - it is now only a couple hundred yards from the Arizona memorial. Awesome tour (if you want to call it that) - you get to walk around on your own but some areas are off-limits.

So much history on one ship.... Did you guys see the special on the Mighty Mo's 3 wars?

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My wife said it's damm yankees, not British:D

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

As far as I'm concered the only people who know how to properly speak English are people from PA, MD, DE, and All of NY except the area around the city. Everywhere else is tainted, even England :rotfl: Maybe California and Oregon and such, can't say I've talked to many folks from there so I don't know. My Uncle and Cousins' speak normally so I guess CA isn't infected by different dialects... yet.

Thats the most interesting thing about Wyotech so far, I've met so many people from all over. I have southern drawls, retarded redneck from ohio(no other explanation for that guys speech), few Bostonians(caahh....), midwesterners, and people who speak normally till words like, wash, then its warsh....

Funniest thing heard said in class:
    "Yeah I know I talk retaaahded" - Boston Kid
    "Yeah if I say, My dick is getting haaahd, to a chick from here she will get confused. Say it to my girlfriend and its, WICKED!" - Boston Kid on his speech.

Now that I thoroughly hijacked this thread, I am headed back to my project due tomorrow, started 20 minutes ago.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I cought that show. It was pretty good, and I like how they have the two ships together in Pearl Harbor. Gives a good look in to the whole Pacific war with the begining and the end so to speak.

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Great website.............thanks.

12. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Habla Espanol?

:D

I walked Mo's deck when she was mothballed in Bremerton, WA. Looking at the muzzle plug in one of those guns was a Religious Experience.