Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MII Myers Inc. in Lincoln, has struck/ also springfield junkyard job info

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Nov 16, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

last night, strike began, plant i was working at from 1999-2004

http://www.mii-inc.com/Main/About%20mii/about.htm
    http://www.mii-inc.com/

contract year is every four years, right now is contract time, we almost struck in 2000 when before i was laid off permanently

being employed by a plant in this day and time is horrible now

it has gotten really bad

in 200 they did changed all kinds, including reducing number of months you can be laid off for from 18 months to 12 months, this is how i lost my employment, because in aug 2002 we wer elaid off for 12 months and lost our jobs, and ive been unemployed ever since

well now they want to reduce it to 6 months and do away with all plant seniority and no raises ever again and reduce insurance somehow and unlimited overtime and more mandatory overtime and so forth, currently no more than two weekends of overtime is allowed per month,

employees took a stand and struck monday 6am out here less than a miles from here at the plant
    115 employees work in the local plant(about 400 total in the company, there are three other plants, one in OH, one in Los Vegas now, and one in jacksonville IL(metal products only), they dont have four plants anymore, they screwed up and lost one in the last couple years, they thoguht they were buying a plant in Ga but they screwed up somehow and only got its contents, they lost alot of money due to this screw up), ]
    its not a very big plant/company but its second largest one around here, this town is only 15k population and not a suburb, its rural agriculture based area, this is why i need to get the hell out of here, there is no future here without plants to work in unless you have hgher education or are in a rich family or some crap.

days of working in plants is really about over, unless you want to do slave labor for nothing, its been getting bad and its gonna get even worse, unions are getting weaker and benefits are dropping like mad and employees are getting everythign taken away

but its nothing new, nothing we didnt see coming for a good 4 or 5 ears now, so,,

carpenters local in peoria, IL is MII Myers Inc. union
    caterpillar in peoria has been having problems like this too and eaton cutler hammer corp just on edge of north side of town has been getting bad too, companies are trying to have more work and less benefits, big time, even more so now than probably ever,

anyoen who can sit back and say tihngs are fine and theres plenty of jobs and yadda yadda is blinded and must be sitting pretty in life or something, and not at the very bottom and left with nothing.

however, on another note, i am most likely scoring a job at a big salvage yard in springfield IL soon, a yard formerly known as Hamlin's was bought out by NeVille or something like that and he is looking for employees to go retrieve cars with rollback, and to cut up cars,

well im first in line for that, i have his phone number, he is an IL state cop, he bought out this yard in springfield and says he is going to double its size, i dont know anyone more qualified than i am to be in a yard like this, i have ten years' experience cutting up junking, salvaging, etc, so hmm.

once i get my job there if anyone wants a job like this then lemme know, ill hook you up if you arent scared of being out in weather winter and can cut up cars and such, it starts out at 9 something an hour, which sux but what do you expect around here, most jobs start at 7 or less, so.. 9 hours a day and 8-12 on saturdays,

i would work this job until i have a good chunk saved so i can get the hell out of here finally,
    unless i worked my way up into the company and became important to it, other than being a yard worker, etc.

ive got a 93 bonneville to replace blown up 3800 engine in, does anyone know of a 93 style 3800 engine for sale for good deal, under 100k miles ? 8th VIN code digit(engine digit) must be 1
    will pay up to 500 for a lower mileage one complete and strong running

and have to repair a buick regal, 3800 engine crank balancer assembly wore out and came apart, and some other jobs and alos trying ot get the house across the drive ready to rent out really soon like in a week or so, i already found ppl to rent it,

its nuts around here, almost as crazy as it used to be for ten years, but not quite,

email me with any questions, etc.

thanks

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Re: MII Myers Inc. in Lincoln, has struck/ also springfield junkyard job in

Congrats on the new job Randy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I agree with you manufacturing work is grossly unstable nowadays. There isn't a day goes by that my parents aren't in danger of it being their last day there. It's really scary.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

ive got a 93 bonneville to replace blown up 3800 engine in, does anyone know of a 93 style 3800 engine for sale for good deal, under 100k miles ? 8th VIN code digit(engine digit) must be 1
    will pay up to 500 for a lower mileage one complete and strong running

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad on the distance and timing, I knew a guy giving one from a wreck away recently... I was going to grab it as a spare for my Park Ave recently, but remembered I didn't want to be bothered...