Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mike/Echobit/CK5 member Borrego........who knows him?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88jimmy4x4, Dec 28, 2003.

1. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well its been 6 weeks now since I placed my order and 2 weeks since he has visited his website. He wont respond to PM's on here or his website and wont answer emails either. My paypal transaction is older than 30 days so I cant file a complaint and use the buyer protection. I really need to hear from him. Does anyone here know him?
    If so will someone please call him and see whats going on? or PM me his phone # and/or address?

There are alot of CK5 members that got screwed by him and taken for alot of money. I basically trusted him because he came so highly recommended from here.Read the threads on Echobit to see some familiar names

Feeling ripped off and not knowing what to do next /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

He is not the one who is making the orders, another person he knows is tring to get the orders done for him. This is the update from his site. Mike is no longer making anymore parts for 4x4's. He is possibly selling his K5 also. I sometimes talk to him on line and I will forward your post to him.

3. 88jimmy4x4

Thanks.....I saw that post, but since it was posted by "anonymous" and not by Mike as admin or echobit I still dont believe it. I dont understand why he cant login to his own website and reply to some of his customers. All we want is to hear from him and to let us know something.

4. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel Im in the same boat I ordered some stuff from him and havent gotten it yet and its holding me up. So im going to order an ORD shackle flip for the blazer and if I ever get the edcobit stuff I ll use it on the 68 truck. I needed the shock mounts quick and I have let the one know who makes them for ecobit that I had ordered a set and he is going to find out why he hadent got my order for them. IM going to use the ord stuff on the blazer now but I would still like to have the ecobit parts for my truck when I get ready to build it just wish he would at least e-mail me or post somthing on his msg board saying dont worry we havent missed your order it hasent been sent and lost. Just want to no somthing. Sorry for the post mike I didnt want to start doing this like every one else but now im starting to get worried.

5. Scott A

Scott A 1/2 ton status

yea, I ordered a Flip kit from him in November. I did get a reply and he is shipping soon :-)

6. BJarvis354

BJarvis354 Registered Member

Re: Mike/Echobit/CK5 member Borrego...Missing CAGE!

I need some help. I ordered a cage kit back in June from Mike. I still do not have a cage and Mike will not return emails.

I will give this warning to anyone listening:
    DO NOT USE PAYPAL FOR BIG ORDERS! AFTER 30 DAYS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN FOR NON-SHIPMENT! Do yourself a favor and use a Credit Card.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Mike/Echobit/CK5 member Borrego...Missing CAGE!

You can use your credit card for paypal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have the Echobit flip and couldn't be happier, but others weren't so lucky, I agree.

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I dont know whats going on with him now, but I did have a similar problem bak in october. I ordered a shackle flip from him, and it never arrived. So I pm'ed him and asked him where it was, and he sort of gave me a roundabout answer. He told me that he was very backed up and wasnt able to get to his answering machine or computer often, because he was trying to get orders out as fast as he could. The good news is, he did honor his word and got my order out within the week. I dont know why he goes into "hiding" sometimes, but when I had my problem a bunch of people on here told me he was a good guy, and I now believe it since he shipped my shackle flip within a week of me asking him about it. I think he is just very very extremely busy.
    -Harrison

9. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

mike was having problems with getting backed up on orders last time i knew.. and as being a one man order taking, secretary and parts fabbing company.. it takes A LOT.. to keep everything in line..

10. 88jimmy4x4

[ QUOTE ]
    mike was having problems with getting backed up on orders last time i knew.. and as being a one man order taking, secretary and parts fabbing company.. it takes A LOT.. to keep everything in line..

[/ QUOTE ]

That used to be the case, however since November he stopped building anything, he is having everything sub-contracted out.
    He has told me for 3 weeks now that mine are ready but they are waiting on bolts/nuts. Now you know as well as I that thats ridiculous. It doesnt take 3 weeks to get bolts/nuts.
    He did reply to all of us, however the promises have fallen short again because NO ONE has got their orders filled yet since that post including myself.

Mike...if your out there....WHERES MY ORDER!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i placed my order back in october and he did
    pm me saying he recieved my money. so i will
    wait patiently /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    as long as i have it installed by spring,i will be
    happy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Well here it is the 27th and all the stuff was supposed to be shipped on the 20th. I have yet to receive my shackle flip. Its been three freakin months /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I started a nasty little thread on his forum letting him know how I felt about the situation and I went back to check it and guess what the Echobit site is down. I sure hope its not a ploy to try to disappear from the earth on Mikes part. He better let me know when my stuff is going to be shipped or I demand a refund so I can go to a company who I know will treat me right....Offroad Design...

That is all, Im very pissed. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just FYI.. I have talked to Mike many of times on the phone.. He is a stand up guy and will honor his word.. I don't now all of what is happing there. But he will make it right.. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

goodluck with the refund idea /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just FYI.. I have talked to Mike many of times on the phone.. He is a stand up guy and will honor his word.. I don't now all of what is happing there. But he will make it right.. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with Dan on this one. I personally know the guy and he really is a good person. He just overloaded his plate and its still trying to dig his way threw it NOT out of it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

i am sure that i am going to get flamed over this but i do not think he is a stand up guy at all - i did some business with him a few months back and he jerked me around as well. everyone here seems to avoid this entire issue - i even feel that my reputation on this site will be damaged for just posting this. anytime something is posted about this, it just gets buried in a few days. he states that he never has time to check the web page but always seems to be there when it is time to delete something that is controversial - he did the same to me. i know i have only been around a short time but dudes that leave folks hanging for 4 + months are not stand up guys - what he is doing is criminal. again, i speak from experience and i have read all the posts. the only way i was able to get my cash back was to initiate a PayPal customer inquiry and i filed a consumer complaint with the california attorney general's office - this is their web site if you wish to do the same: http://caag.state.ca.us/programs.htm. of course when i posted this on his site, he immediately deleted the post. pretty fast for a guy who never has time to get on line to provide his trusting customers with a small bit of feedback. PEACE to you folks who support him - i just see it a bit different...

17. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you got to do what you got to do. i dont blame you for wanting your money or parts. im sure you sent him a nice chunk of coin.
    good luck to you on your legal process.
    hope all pans out in the end.
    Grant

18. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i am always out to give someone a chance. i know how
    stuff happens. but the thing i do not like is that we
    are not kept informed of the statis of our product or refund. i know that i sent him about a $100.00 and i want
    either my product which is good work by the way, or i
    want my money back.
    i am not sure about those who are due rock sliders and tube
    doors and other product, but looking at how many people havent gotten their shackleflips equal over a $1,000.00

if he is a stand up guy as you all say , where is he and why is his site "echobit.com" now shut down? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've stayed off these posts in the past, but just want to pipe in and say that I DID get my shackle flip from him right before all this trouble started. It was about a week late, and the craftsmanship was very shoddy, but I kept it and am running it now after some hammer and welder modifications. I hope you all get your parts. I know I've been delenquent in the past about shipping things. Hell, I've got an antennae right now that needs to go out and between it slipping my mind and having so much to do, it hasn't been happening...that said, I'll write myself a reminder right now.

Mike- if you're reading this, just communicate with people. If you can't make the parts, refund the cash. If you can't make the parts and already have spent the cash, then make some more cash and refund it. I think you're a great guy that just took on too much. Back when I was working a fulltime job, had fulltime school, and was making tube doors, I got way behind too. It's a lot of work doing fab on the side. I think a lot of people just see the simple parts and don't understand it. They never see the assembly line, the jigs, the whole process. Just make this right man, cause you're losing your future customer base with every one of these posts that go up.

Bryan

20. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

yes mike , please be this " stand up guy " people
    say you are. if you cant come through with the
    product , then you should start sending out refunds.

just dont leave people hanging. alot of people are
    talking about prceeding in filing a complaint. i am
    not sure what that will do , but it will end up
    dragging your name through alot of crap you really dont
    need. i do have mikes address and phone number becouse i sent him a personal check . ( he did cash it ). so if
    anyone needs the information i have , pm me ..