Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mike -tx mudder

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by drivelineman, Sep 5, 2000.

1. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

good luck on your driveline - the owner is cool - i sold him a few driveline prod. jesse

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

It came in yesterday. Monster 3.5" with 1-tons ujoints. I put it on and I get NO vibration in the rear.
    ARe you supoposed to put loc-tite on the strap type attaching hardware? They don't have lock washers like the ubolt kind.
    They painted it black (of course,) but they didn't paint the spicer slip part - that part that goes at the tcase end and hold a ujoint at one side and has the slipshaft part at the other side. It has the word Spicer on it and a number. Anyway, it's already got surface rust! Was this supposed to be painted too? Or can it not be painted...
    I like the workmanship, but it sounds like you can get them built quicker than these guys, so if I need a front made I'll be talking to you.
    Take it easy.
    -- Mike

3. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

mike glad you got your driveline + your happy to- i'd use lock tight-blue maybe-it does not nessarily have to be painted - most of the oem is not painted at all- thanks for concidering me for your driveline work and qoutes-jesse - forwhlr@saber.net-