Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mikey!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Dec 1, 2005.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

How's that thing with the gal going :ears: ?

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Didn't get a chance to talk to her yesterday. I think I'm gonna shower and go over there for a little bit though. Things aren't exactly rolling my way in the last 24 hours and I've quit smoking, drinking, and chewing very recently so I'm kinda stressed. Hopefully it'll go well and be a good way to relax. Maybe I can even bribe her to give me a ride to Wal-Mart to pick up some carb cleaner and a coil wire... :p:

Thanks for asking man.

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Not a problem. I was curious because there was no useless thread with a poll describing what went down... :haha:

Go easy.

4. mikey_d05

...alright, I'm calm enough now where I probably won't scare her away, off to the shower.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Is that what you kids are callin it these days...

6. mikey_d05

Yep, sure are. She's in need of a tube up...and I don't mean the 'burb. Off to her room...don't make fun if I'm back in 5 minutes.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Tube up, hahahaha Freudian typagrafical error...?

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Where'd he go? His cousin's? :rolleyes: :haha:

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

congrats on making the sane lifestyle choices. I imagine with the amount of $ you save from kicking those 3 habits (especially if you used to do the bar thing a lot...) it oughta add up to a good size chunk of change you can dedicate to something worthwhile. :thumb:

j

10. mikey_d05

Had to come back to work on a group project at 10. For what little time I got to spend with her it went really well. I half assed asked her out on a formal date (I'm not gonna be here this weekend so I don't know when I'll have time) and she was disappointed I'm not gonna be here tomorrow night so I guess that's a good sign.

She lives in Sioux Falls which isn't far from here and it's where my sister goes to college so that's kinda convenient if I want it to be. It went well, we'll just have to see how an actual "date" goes.

Jek, I don't do the bar thing, I'm 18. It's still spendy though. I just realized (while buzzed ironically) that I was doing it to take the edge off of life, it was like life itself just wasn't doing it anymore. I knew that if I didn't kick it now, it'd lead to worse things in the end and I'm too young to be messing with things like that anyways. It was a very sane choice and thanks for backing me up. Now if only you could tell all my drinking buddies that it's for the better. :doah:

11. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Good on you for that. Through college, I was hospitalized for alcohol poisoning. Not once, but twice (figured I would have learned the first time). After boot camp, I resumed drinking heavily during technical training; I could run up $50+ tabs by myself, and did so every Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Finally got a reality check somehow and kicked that good.

Occaisonally I'll have a couple drinks, but that's about it. Drinking in excess is always unhealthy.