Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Milage from Super Swamper radials?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen91, Oct 31, 2000.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to get 36" Swamper radials after my axle swap is complete. I drive my rig daily and wonder what kind of miles I should be able to get out of them?

blazen91

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey I'm kind of curious too. I'll be replacing my 35" Generals in the next year or so and I want to go with Swampers. I'm just worried that they will wear out in a year or two.
    I know some of you guys run Swampers, so how are they lasting.
    Do the radials wear more evenly and last longer?

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Good Luck getting a defintive answer! I've been trying for over two years now on various forums. [​IMG] The general consensus seems to be in the high 20's - low 30's for a set of Swamper Radials. That's with regular attention to air pressure and frequent rotation. I will be getting the Radial SSR's in the 37x12.5R16 when they come out this winter. I'll be buying 5 and including the spare in my rotation so I should hoepfully get into the high 30k miles before having to replace them.

Good Luck
    Brian
    89KBlazer

4. A friend of mine has SSR's on his j$$p and they seem to be good tires,he's got about 20 k on his and they still are about 55%.I don't know much about the TSL radials though sorry good luck.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'll have my set bolted on in about a month give or take. From there, I'm going to do my best to keep track of good and bad to try and let you folks know. I'm coming off of a set of BFG's that wore (and were wearing) like iron until my rearend let go. I put better than 40k on them and they still have 20k left. I'm prb. going to be spoiled from them, but we'll see what happens.

Kyle
    89K5

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have about 14,000 miles on mine right now and they still look good. If someone gets a brand new set let me know and we can both measure the tread depth to see how far mine have worn.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

7. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

I have maybe 15k on my swamper radials (36x14.50x15) and I have been extremely happy with them as daily drivers. Pretty quiet, dont travel much, great tread. They are a little under half tread now and get this. I dont know how, but 2 of them suddenly broke belts and one of those the tread seperated completely???? My frame is extremely twisted and I think that is why they broke (anybody heard of this?)Until then I was very happy and would recomend the tires, Im gonna get bias ply and keep her off the road.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>My stinkin truck is broke again!</font color=blue>

8. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

One of my friends had a set of Thornbirds and he is on his second set and he usually gets around 30K on them. He also drives alot.

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

Zeppelin

9. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm should have mine in my garage in about a week. I'll give you a holler when they show up and get you some meaurements. waiting on my brackets from TSM to finish off the rear end and trying to get a slip yoke elim kit for the 241. As soon as those are lined up, it'll be road worthy again.

Kyle
    89K5

10. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have a new set of 36x12.5x15s that I havent driven yet. The center tread blocks are about 5/8" tall.</font color=blue>