Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mile Marker 4x2 conversion kit ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyfumes, Jul 31, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I just got the 203 kit and have a few dumb questions. First , I got the kit that says ( no hubs ) This ,means it comes w/out hubs , right, my truck already has hubs the PO installed. It dosen't mean that this kit , dosen't need hubs does it?I know probably a stupid ? but thought I should ask to be on the safe side...
    Also, I got a new chain and was wondering what I should install first or if it even matters...TIA, and as usual /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

I've been looking at buying conversion kit with hubs myself. From what I gather, the kit that comes without hubs is for people who already have hubs installed.

3. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

first Question : it means that there are not any hubs in the kit.. but it still needs hubs

second question: you have to pull everything out of the Chain case and seperate it from the range box to put in the Chain the part-time kit goes in during reassembly /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

hope this helps

4. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

FIRST when they say"no hubs" that means that there are no hubs in the kit.Since u have manuel locking hubs on ur truck,that's the kit that u will need(kit whit NO hubs).

SECOND for the part time conversion kit work,u need manuel looking hubs.

THIRD for the chain...haven't done that to mine so could'nt help u there!! sorry

hope this helped a bit!!!

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Since you have the new chain (good move /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ), and the kit, do what I did. Pull it, put it on the bench and rebuild the whole thing. The fork pads are prolly shot, and you can inspect for any other problems too. I wanted the Warn hubs, so I bought the conversion kit without hubs (like you did). Also I tore down the shifter mech, cleaned and lubed it, and it works flawlessly. My .02

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thanks guys.... Your help is highly appreciated, and I would tear it all apart on the bench but I don't have time..... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. MR.4x4

MR.4x4 Registered Member

Hey, how $$$ is the new chain and the mile marker conv. kit????

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Part # Part price
    MMK-501 kit 39.99
    CLO-10005 chain 90.39

All from Summit and they had to MAKE a part # for the Cloyes chain, if for any reason Summit is confused call cloyes directly you can get the # off the Summit site and you can get all the exact figures as far as pitch , # of links etc. . I think there was one other option for chains that was about 6$ cheaper but after talking to THE guy from Cloyes I felt comfortable w/ going w/ that chain because he was positive, at least I hope, I'll know more tommorow, when I tear into it.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. MR.4x4

MR.4x4 Registered Member

Thakns for you help!!!

But do you recomend me that kit if i have 35 tires??

The kit Its desing for big tires???

Thanks again /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The kit I got just comes w/ wedges that go on the shaft, there is a more expensive kit that comes w/ a whole new shaft, thats supposed to be stronger, but I'm cheap, hence the name of my rig " PROJECT LOWBUCK".... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif