Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mile Marker 8000# electric $340?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fubeca, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty new at this and I need some advice. I did a search but didn't find any posts from anyone who actually owned and used the MM electric winch. Somebody on ebay is selling a bunch of new Milemarker winches for 340+40 shipping. Is it worth it? Does anyone own one of these? My wife says I can spend 1000 on a winch when I send her to Europe (neither will happen anytime soon).

I don't want to start a big thread about which winch is better, just whether or not $400 is an okay price for this winch and if anyone has any experience with it.
    Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

4 Wheel Parts gets $414.95 for it, including shipping. So it's a good price, but who do you deal with if you have problems with it? You'd have to go directly to Mile Marker for any issues.

Here's the link to it at 4WP: http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=2043&occlass=MILE&cat=WIN&id=AG941N3MMKS92G3U00AKHLV8EBMC99F6 You could always give them a pointer to the E-bay sale and see if they'll make you a better deal.

Oh yeah, if you pony up the $25 to become a full-fledged member of CK5, then you'll get 10% off of your purchase from 4WP. That would drop the price to about $373 from them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I guess for that price, you couldnt go wrong. Even if it does turn out to be a piece of junk. I know a lot of people have steered clear of it because nobody has experience with it. A that price it would be worth it.

4. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You may need the rest of the thousand to send it to her. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

4WPW has free shipping on that winch right now,so its just $414.95 plus tax /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. HarryH3

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    4WPW has free shipping on that winch right now,so its just $414.95 plus tax

[/ QUOTE ]
    I guess ya missed the last 2 words in this sentence:

&gt;4 Wheel Parts gets $414.95 for it, including shipping . /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any idea how long the free shipping from 4WP wil last?

8. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I bought one of these winches a couple of weeks ago. The guy selling them is actually Rough Country Suspension. They are brand new in the box. I had mine on my doorstep 2 days after the auction ended. I would reccomend it.

9. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I've just been procrastinating my ck5 membership, so I finally did it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    However, I called 4WP and they say the ck5 discount is only good on their regular prices and since the winch is already discounted they won't take any more off. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    The retailer selling the winches on Ebay is National Offroad in oregon and NY. They say milemarker is pressuring them to raise their price to $399. They also say we can just order the winches at $340 on the phone through christmas and skip Ebay. National Offroad's Webpage
    Outlaw612, have you had a chance to try the winch out? Is it any good?

10. HarryH3

Hmm, that sounds bogus. Their web site didn't say anything about that being a "special" price. I'd try calling again and see what answer ya get from another one of their order takers. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

At the top of the page showing the winch it says something about a $50 instant rebate (Check it out) . He said that is an introductory offer and that the ck5 discount would not apply.

12. HarryH3

Aha! I didn't notice the rebate! So does this mean that the cost is $414.95 - $50 = $364.95 + free shipping? That's still a pretty good deal for a winch! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

The folks on the phone seem to think the $414 price is after the rebate.

I'd still like to hear if anyone has had any experience with this winch. I might just have to buy one!

14. HarryH3

I don't think that winch has been out for very long, so there probably isn't much in the way of real world data for ya. Mile Marker has been deriding electric winches for many years, since their main winch is a hydraulic model that is powered by your power steering pump. I guess they figured out that they were missing out on a large piece of the winch market... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Heres one for $199 Winch /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. HarryH3

Oh man, that poor lady got screwed on that deal! 700 KG works out to about 1,500 llbs. Probably great for the front of an ATV, but certainly not on a Jeep and totally useless on the front of a K5! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I've got a similar one sitting out in my garage. It was actually bolted directly to the stock front bumper on my '75 K5 when I bought it. I think it was used to drag a boat on shore or something. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

17. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I just went and looked at the auctions. That is the exact same winch that I bought. For I think it is a good winch and a good price. Ive got pics of mine mounted on the bumper I just made in my webshots if yould like to look.

My only complaint is that the solinoid cover is made of plastic, but thats only the cover. The winch appears to be pretty well built.

18. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i just looked and they changed all the 340 prices to 375, so might have to call them now to get 340 price /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

19. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

If you look a little farther , after thoso 6 or so sell for $375, they raised their prices to $399.