Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mile Marker Hubs - Opinions please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, Jun 24, 2002.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I broke one of my front manual hubs this week-end and my local 4X4 shop only had the Mile Marker hubs so I went ahead and bought them. Are they any good, please give me your opinion. If they are bad I can still take them back.

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I would take them back, and get Warn Premium or Superwinch . /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif <font color="red">MileMarker=Bad</font color> /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Well, i never had any problems with the Explorer Hubs that were on my 1/2 ton axel, MM makes the explorer hubs, and i've never had any problems with the MM hubs on my 3/4 ton axel, and if you look at the patent numbers, MM hubs are made under lisence using Warns patents, so Its My OPINION that they should work fine, but as with ANY hub, make sure they have a warrenty, and you can take them back if they grenade.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Personally i think the suck a$$---do a search of my name and look for the mile marker post and youll see.

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I got the premium ones with the gold colored center if that makes any difference. Anybody else have any comments about these.

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Sorry but take the junk back along with Superwinch. I have broken both. Have yet to break the Warn. Hope I don't hurt anyones feelings. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Hey bill----which ones broke easier the MM or SW-----i broke the MM pretty easy and took the SW throug Las Cruses w/o probs----just wondering

Dan

8. I blew up one of the Super Winch ones pretty easy. Plus I really dont like the fact that they are part plastic inside. A 4X$ Hub that has plastic parts!!! Not for me. I got the Warn's they seal good, and work awsome. Later -80K20

9. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the d60 versions look a lot nicer then the warns.
    I would run the MM
    I have had warns break from a design flaw.

from THIS online article it looks like the MM win hands down