Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mile Marker Hubs

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by teamhickman, Apr 6, 2005.

1. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

Anyone running MM hubs?

I noticed my passenger side hub was loose so I removed the tire and hub only to see a hub assembly I’ve never seen before. Anyone have any history with these? Not certain what model they are but the center dial is gold in color and it’s a full turn from free to lock. I didn’t want to take it apart until I learn some more about them.

Thanks,

Andrew

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sounds like MM's top of the line hub. They should be guaranteed for life if they break. They are nothing drastically different then most locking hubs.

Harley

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

There should be 1 or 2 snaprings holding the inner hub in place. One should be visable on the end of the stub axleshaft. The other is in a groove on the inside of the wheel hub. You need to dig it out to get the hub out.

Dental pics or small screwdrivers work best at getting that ring out. Just find the ends and start playing with it till you can get ahold of it with some needlenose plyers and get her out. Then the hub should pull out.

Harley

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I just swaped to these and in the I have already broke them on both sides :blush:

search google and there will be some real detailed write up on these things, everything from disasembly, replacement and maint.

good hubs from what I hear, I just have bad luck :D

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

No idea on the 1/2 ton units, but I ran these in D60 flavor for well over a year with 42" TSLs without breaking one. They survived a broken locker and a broken short side with no damage and I still have them in my "spares".

6. teamhickman

well, this is good news! I've never used them before but based on your comments here and the info I found on the net, they sound like they are pretty well built units.

I'm gonna pull the passenger side tomorrow and have a look.

Thanks for the input!

Andrew

7. teamhickman

MM Cust. Service

On a side note, I e-mailed MM on Thursday and asked for an eletronic copy of their install instructions and an exploded view of their hubs. They responded today and sent everything I asked for. I thought that was pretty cool....

Andrew