Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mile Marker Locking Hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by djsblaze, Jun 30, 2004.

1. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

After building up my K5, I have only wheeled it 3 times pretty hard. I have dual dana 60s with ARB's in both, and stock 350 TBI. Last week I broke my left front hub which is a MileMarker. Its under a lifetime warranty, so I got a new set for free, but, I dont want to be changing these things out on a regular basis. What are your opinions on Milemarker hubs v. Warn hubs. I hate to buy a new set when I have a liftime warranty on the milemarkers, but, again I dont want to be changing these out every other time I wheel. Thoughts and opinions wanted. Thanks in advance.

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

My personal experience with MM hubs is not very good. I GRENADED two of them in no time flat. Same with Superwinch. The only hubs that have held up on my rig for more than a year have been WARN premiums. Maybe it was a bad batch, but they were CRAP when I tried to run them.

KP

3. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks Kyle. Ive been talking with DP and I may end up just running drive flanges. I dont want to be burning thru hubs at this pace. If not, Im gonna start carrying extra hubs with me. BTW, I hope I get to meet you at some point. Always good to know wheelers in the area. Thanks again.

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I've got a set of flanges for my truck that I use when I'm playing. They are super easy to swap on.

Take a look at this guys stuff. SUPER beefy.

www.ouversonengineering.com

he's got some 35 spline pucks listed. I've talked with him a bunch, he makes his own stuff and is STOUT. I bought one of his 14 bolt spools here recently.

Tell him Kyle from OFN sent ya /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ( not that that will get you a deal /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif )

5. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Kyle, when you say "super easy" to swap on, are we talking about the same effort as installing hubs? If so, that idea might work. DP is going to give me a hub installation lesson sometime soon. Thanks for the idea.

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Kyle, when you say "super easy" to swap on, are we talking about the same effort as installing hubs? If so, that idea might work. DP is going to give me a hub installation lesson sometime soon. Thanks for the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine are gonna be a little easier than yours, but not by much. I'm running externals on a 44. Swapping hubs is a piece of cake. If you've got snap ring pliers or a pick, they are even easier. Putting flanges or slugs on is easier than hubs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The only downside to flanges or slugs is that that front end will turn all the time now. With your ARB, it won't be as bad, but it's something to remember. Offroad, they can't be beat. They very rarely, IF EVER break and you know you are always locked in.

7. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I also have a horrible expirence w/ MM, long story but definately don't recommend them AT ALL

8. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the opinions folks. Im gonna keep running hubs so I will have a weak point to avoid more serious breakage. Just gonna have to get accustomed to swapping them out, and carrying an extra set. Im gonna bite the bullet and buy Warns the next time they give out. One time cost since they are lifetime warranty, eh? Thanks again.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for the opinions folks. Im gonna keep running hubs so I will have a weak point to avoid more serious breakage. Just gonna have to get accustomed to swapping them out, and carrying an extra set. Im gonna bite the bullet and buy Warns the next time they give out. One time cost since they are lifetime warranty, eh? Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ] WARN premiums all the way. [​IMG]

10. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I have broken both, but I think that the Warns lasted a little longer.

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have broken both, but I think that the Warns lasted a little longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people can break an anvil with a rubber mallet /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

slight hijack ... I have a dodge dana 60 with stock external drive flanges and want hubs for it...the only hubs available are the milemarker "classic" design, with the large black knob. anyone have any experience with these?