Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mileage? 4x2 Vortec

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by angrysnowplow, Apr 22, 2004.

1. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I'd like to find a two wheel drive 3/4 for a daily driver, anyone got a clue on the mileage with the 5 speed?
    I realize mpg isn't the most important thing, just wondering what to expect. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

And yes I tried to SURCH but it came up with marriage and Dodge Dart posts /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have a 97 Vortec 350, 3/4 ton with a SF read, 8 lug rims and heavier suspension. 3.73 gears, and the 4l80E automatic. It is my daily driver, I get about 15+ mpg average when I am being reasonable on the throttle. But its got the most power of anything I've driven all the time on the street so thats hard at times. The option to pass is often used. First weekend I got it I took a trip up to New York to Tweek's place and got like like 17 mpg highway and backroads and such. I really like it, my only worry is I should have gotten a 1 ton or a dually with a big block or a diesel. I've got an 8600 GVW, I want a nice hefty heavy equipment trailer and with my K5 that would be over my max GVW.